Thread: Torque Coefficients ...refer to the EXHAUST cam angle?

Tuner in Training

Torque Coefficients ...refer to the EXHAUST cam angle?

ECM 32451 (under Torque Management) - Torque Coefficients refer to the EXHAUST cam angle for mapping ...

I don't understand the correlation here unless it uses the intake cam angle for reference as well.

Everything in my "Variable Camshaft" (tab) exhaust cam variable timing profile is zero'd out (rightfully so).
    Does that mean my "Torque Management" (tab) torque coefficients are only referring to the "A" (0 degree) tables?
    (I logged my "Exhaust Cam angle" and it always says 0 regardless of the cam timing changes)

Happy 2018 all
    You all are a great group, all the best
    Thanks - J

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training

Yes, your coefficients are referenced to the 0 exhaust angle. A tables.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    OHHH oh, oh.... I just found out why.
    Dumb me...
    208 Tables ... 52 different parameters (x 4 tables "A""B""C""D") ... they all reference the intake cam angle on one axis.
    And any values in the "A" table are the same through "B""C""D" as well.
    So ... The "B""C""D" tables are unnecessary, but the torque modeling is covered by the intake cam reference in the "A" tables
    (so I can leave them alone, zero them out, or just copy my values through "B""C""D", but it won't make a difference.)