Thread: Trans Issue.. tune?

Potential Tuner

Trans Issue.. tune?

Alright guys, gonna make this as descriptive as possible. I'm brand new to HP tuners and so far have only used it as a diagnostic tool. That being said:

I have an 02 camaro z28. Lid, headers, exhaust, 4l60e car. Stock 3.23 gears. I recently had a "built" 4l60e (FLT level 4) and FTI 3600 stall torque converter installed. They drove it around and said it shifted well, etc. Drove the car home (about 45 mins) and parked it, ordered a mail order tune from someone i had used and had good luck with previously.

Reinstalled computer when i got it back, drove it for a couple weeks on and off, sometimes itd BANG into the next gear, usually at part throttle. When i say bang, I mean it was like someone was hitting the trans with a brick. I thought maybe a mount was broken, mount looks good, checked torque arm clearance (MWC with relocation crossmember) and all looks good there as well. Scanned for codes and didn't have any. So i pulled a copy of the tune off and looked it over.

One of the things i noted on the tune sheet when i ordered it was to set all pressure tables to stock, per FLT (the trans builder.) Looking at those tables i dont think those are stock, but i may be wrong. Some of the shift solenoid DTC's appear to be off as well, not sure the reasoning, but again i could be wrong. That being said, that makes me think maybe something else could possibly be out of whack in the tune. If you guys notice anything weird feel free to point it out. The only other thing i can think of, short of tearing into the trans, is to flash it back to stock and see how it drives. That being said, its snowing here so that isnt an option at the moment. Thanks in advance.

F TUNE 3600 STALL 1 - Copy.hpt

When compared to a stock 2002 Camaro SS tune, shift pressures have been raised slightly from like 220 ft. lbs. on up, and shift times were reduced across the board. TCC min pressure was raised considerably.
    Emission DTC's appear to be the only ones disabled. Overall, just small changes here and there in the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.