Thread: CL fueling won't fall in line - no integrator delay?

Advanced Tuner

CL fueling won't fall in line - no integrator delay?

I'm working of a 2007 Vortec Max truck...aluminum 6.0 with a BTR stage 3 truck cam, 218/224 113, and long tubes. I also did a DoD delete and VVT delete.

The truck runs great, currently running MAF only though. In open loop the wideband is showing + or - 2%, closer to 1% most places as seen in "Log 3" attached. My concern i have is that when i put the truck back into closed loop, long term fuel trims go -6 to -7% most of the time while the wideband shows lambda 1.06, as seen in "final drive 1." I've manipulated closed loop proportional vs airflow mode and proportional limit and O2 swithpoints. I also slightly adjusted the min & max rich/lean mV hoping that might help. I'm not seeing significant results in my test runs. What i don't even see anywhere in the calibration is the integrator delay that i see in most gen 4 OS's. I think that is what i need but don't have. Is it not available in E38s? Am i missing something? Is there another way to get my fuel trims in back in line?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

So many of things you see in one e38 or e67 will not show on another. HPT does not enable every parameter for every ecm version/os version combination by default. You have to send a request to support to get them added. Do not know why it is this way. Youe may also want to go through this list https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...nal-paramaters and get them all added as well. A few relate to your issues.

The other thing i have seen using the same WB is it does not match the NBs. I gave up and switched to AEM 30-0300, 30-0334 or 30-310 with custom firmware. All seem to be more accurate.

Advanced Tuner
    I emailed support and they added a bunch of the parameters in your thread. They couldn't however add the Integrator Delay for some reason....E38 issue? I'd like to be able to call the owner back and tell him i have a solution but i don't know what exactly where to go from here. He's been driving the truck for a while now and is happy, but i'm not.

I would look at [ECM] 44003 - Enhanced RPM In Closed Loop, [ECM] 44004 - Simplified RPM in Closed Loop : Above this engine RPM the ECM will use the simplified closed loop algorithms by using O2 Sensor Rich / Lean Threshold, Bank 1 and Bank 2 or [ECM] 12466 - Closed Loop Mode vs. Airflow and adjust it up or down.

Tuner in Training
    It looks like your closed loop proportional base numbers are high. If you have bigger injectors, these need to be a lot smaller numbers.

I have ID1050Xs in my CTS-V, and I had to use an order of magnitude smaller numbers to get the LTFT's to settle in and not oscillate.

Advanced Tuner
    using stock injectors