Thread: 07 Yukon Denali LSA - 6L80 Tuning

Tuner in Training

07 Yukon Denali LSA - 6L80 Tuning

Looking for some assistance but not really having any problems with current tune. I think I can get this thing to shift way faster though. It's a built 6L80 with PATC Level 2 Raybestos clutches and performance steels, welded drive shells and all the Sonax stuff. Remanufactured OEM torque converter...

Can someone flip through the tune file real quick and see if I missed anything? The truck drives great, almost like OEM but I want to start pushing it a little. I don't have any logs right now, will upload when I can. I am in Michigan so it's cold and we get snow if that matters. This is a daily driver.

Engine: Stock L92 bottom end (156k miles), L92 heads cleaned up with new Z06 springs, LS7 lifters, comp push rods, ZL1 Blower w/ stock pulley makes 155kpa (8.5psi) with 1 3/4" Kooks headers, Kooks Y Pipe and magnaflow muffler. Using stock non flex fuel pump with stock CTSV injectors...

Build Thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threa.../#post-1099031

Donuts:

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!!!

*How can I enable automatic downshifting while slowing down?

Matts_2007 Yukon_ 6.2 CAL_REV9.hpt
    Last edited by 67RS427; 02-11-2018 at 03:59 PM.

I would return the shift torque factory back to stock and play with your shift time and shift pressure settings. Try .2600 to .2800 instead of the factory .3000. Try raising the shift pressure slightly and along with your on-coming pressure presets for gears 1-4 as 5th and 6th are overdrive gears that don't really require anything. (you'd be going an absurb speed to hit that)

Make sure to do a transmission reset/preset after you make the changes and prior to starting the truck so the changes actually take.

Tune itself seems to need a little more work. Ideally the VVE should be somewhat tuned, the torque model is still a little wonky looking and some random settings for maybe your exhaust diag will want to be changed if you are running long tuve headers without cats.

Logs of it running will better tell how well it running though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I would return the shift torque factory back to stock and play with your shift time and shift pressure settings. Try .2600 to .2800 instead of the factory .3000. Try raising the shift pressure slightly and along with your on-coming pressure presets for gears 1-4 as 5th and 6th are overdrive gears that don't really require anything. (you'd be going an absurb speed to hit that)

Make sure to do a transmission reset/preset after you make the changes and prior to starting the truck so the changes actually take.

Tune itself seems to need a little more work. Ideally the VVE should be somewhat tuned, the torque model is still a little wonky looking and some random settings for maybe your exhaust diag will want to be changed if you are running long tuve headers without cats.

Logs of it running will better tell how well it running though.
    Thanks for the input, I will certainly try some of your suggestions. Hard for me to get a good log right now with the roads being snow covered... Will upload one as soon as I can. Do you see any issues with the way I removed Flair/Tip In TQ Management? I do have the Kooks Y Pipes WITH high flow cats. The VVE table is a combination of a stock CTSV tune and my stock L92 tune. When it's not in boost it is in the L92 areas and boosted is all referenced from a CTSV file. I was also wondering about the torque model...