Thread: Commanded Throttle wont go over 60%

Tuner

Commanded Throttle wont go over 60%

we have a 15 Mustang Auto with VMP Blower and proven functioning tune. Car was driving perfectly.
    While at the dealer for some maintanance some guy pulled of the TB connector while the car was running the customer said.

Since then our customer claims he has no power at Wot, so I logged the car.Find two log files attached. One before the problem and one after it started.
    Can it be that the electronic is somehow confused because of pulling the cable while running?

The car runs fine at part Pedal.

I tested the TB with ignition on while logging with the scanner and it shows a perfect following pedal and a 100% opening throttle blade.

Problem_100%Pedal.hplNoProblem.hpl

Senior Tuner
    1) turn the key in the ON position (don't start the engine)
    2) press the gas pedal down slowly all the way down
    3) let go of the gas pedal fast so it come back up
    4) turn key into the OFF position
    repeat steps 1-4 two more times then start engine.

I keep seeing this posted everywhere, not sure if it will help or not.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    1) turn the key in the ON position (don't start the engine)
    2) press the gas pedal down slowly all the way down
    3) let go of the gas pedal fast so it come back up
    4) turn key into the OFF position
    repeat steps 1-4 two more times then start engine.

I keep seeing this posted everywhere, not sure if it will help or not.
    Hey Murfie, thanks for your respond.
    Sounds interesting, I thought there might be some kind of reset mechanism but did not know what direction to go.
    I will give it a try in this afternoon and report back.

Tuner
    Tried your suggestion twice, unfortunately without success.

After that I detached the battery for 10 min - tested - still same behavior.
    Did a read and compare - flashed the read file back on the vehicle and did a KAM reset at the same time.
    As far as I could test, because of the nasty weather (minus degree and snow) here - it seems fixed.
    I at least now get 98% pedal and 82.something Throttle angle.

The bad thing, I hate when things work, and no one knows why ......

Tuner in Training
    Disconnect the negative battery cable and place a cloth or other insulator on the battery terminal itself and hold the actual negative cable up and away from the battery terminal. Connect a jumper wire to the positive terminal and then to the DISCONNECTED negative cable. ( You are going cable to cable and the direct short you are creating is designed to drain the capacitors in the PCM. ) for about five minutes. This will drain the capacitors in the PCM and clear all memory. Then remove the jumper wire, and connect the negative battery cable. Now turn the key on, but do not start the car. You should hear the throttle body servo motor engaging. The PCM may do a sweep of the throttle body to relearn the positions depending on the calibration. Then calibrate the accelerator pedal as murfie mentioned above. What you're doing is forcing the PCM to relearn the throttle body positions. It will learn them on its own, but the car will act stupid for a while until it does.
    Last edited by ssikora1973; 02-13-2018 at 11:07 AM.