Thread: Wiring ECM to control boost

Tuner in Training

Wiring ECM to control boost

How do you guys use the stock ECM (E92 specifically, but comment on any one) as a boost controller? (on previously non boosted cars/trucks)
    I would assume wiring would need to be added for things like the wastegate or blow-off valve, but does running twins complicate matters? what was your experience? Was it a huge pain modifying the wiring harness?
    And how did you guys figure out which pins to connect at the ECM?
    Any "watch out for" type things, or tips?

Personal vehicle (project).

(ps - sorry ... if this has been covered before I don't posses the intelligence to figure out how to look it up (I tried) - which would be a good indicator I shouldn't even entertain the thought of attempting this)

Thanks all-
    J

While the physical E92 ECM has the capabilities to control the boost solenoid in the LT4 vehicles, it has to be with a LT4 operating system. Meaning just wiring that solenoid up to a LT1 ECM, it wouldn't actually do anything. Changing to an LT4 operating system likely wouldn't be advised on a LT1 vehicle and would create other issues with the vehicle itself. You can install a LT4 Supercharger on to a LT1 vehicle, and just not use the boost control solenoid. The bypass valve works off of vacuum and can be plumbed to work without the electrical solenoid.
    As a side note, I do offer add on ECM packages that will allow boost control and port injection etc with an aftermarket ECM added to the factory ECM to work together.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for the info and help.
    It wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but was one of my expected answers.
    And most importantly was exactly what I needed to know.

Thank you veee8, I'll go back to the drawing board and probably contacting you about that piggyback system in a month or two (if I don't have to put the project on hold).

Hey

This is now possible.

The jist of it is you must install the boost solenoid, and wire it to the E92.
    Then you have to ensure you have no engine error conditions. (Even codes disabled will not work)

I have located the required Switches to get the E92 to control the solenoid.
    I have only experimented with supercharger bypass.

Feel free to PM me, and i can help you out.

I try to keep this post up to date:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ost-controller