Thread: Procharged Camaro SS, Pretty sure this is NOT what it's supposed to do

Potential Tuner

Procharged Camaro SS, Pretty sure this is NOT what it's supposed to do

Hey yall.....New to HPT and pretty much everything else. Just a little baby racer trying to figure out her car. Went to the track the other night (For the first time ever) and made a few passes. Took it easy the first two passes, gave it hell the third. Third pass looked good till about half track and then the car fell on its face. Best way I can describe it was she went into limp mode, engine cut off and came back on a few seconds later. Plugged the interface in last night and did a log on the street and this is what I came up with....... I'm absolutely no tuner but I'm pretty sure at 84% throttle and 6300rpm I need more pressure than 1100psi....... Had several rounds of bad luck with this car, she's given me nothing but problems. I'm thinking definitely an LT4 pump, but what are yalls thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 Camaro SS, P1SC Procharger, 3.9" Pulley, TSP Long Tubes Off-Road Xpipe, FTI Converter 3800 Stall.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Camaro View Post
    Hey yall.....New to HPT and pretty much everything else. Just a little baby racer trying to figure out her car. Went to the track the other night (For the first time ever) and made a few passes. Took it easy the first two passes, gave it hell the third. Third pass looked good till about half track and then the car fell on its face. Best way I can describe it was she went into limp mode, engine cut off and came back on a few seconds later. Plugged the interface in last night and did a log on the street and this is what I came up with....... I'm absolutely no tuner but I'm pretty sure at 84% throttle and 6300rpm I need more pressure than 1100psi....... Had several rounds of bad luck with this car, she's given me nothing but problems. I'm thinking definitely an LT4 pump, but what are yalls thoughts?
    Been there and done that. You definitely need some fuel system upgrades. FPCM programming w/ a boost a pump will help but it is going to need LT4 pump and injectors. Its been our experience that you can fix one pump and have the other show up as the next limit. Watch lift pump and DI pump desired or commanded pressure vs actual.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Make a restrictor plate on the inlet to lower boost or do something with the fuel system...

Tuner in Training
    I see alot of people upgrade he LPFP only, you might just need to tune the lpfp (FPCM). I dont know if the only difference is the programing or not between the zl1 and ss lpfp. i know on the 5th gen camaros the only difference between a ss and zl1 pump was programing i believe.