Thread: 2018 Camaro zl1 tuning

2018 Camaro zl1 tuning

Hey guys

I have a 2018 zl1 camaro in for exhaust upgrades and tuning, I haven't tuned an LT4 with the 10 speed yet.
    Unfortunately i live overseas so the TCM locking procedure is a bit of a long process, and was wondering if
    tuning the ECU without touching the TCM is an option? Or with these being a torque based system both need to
    be tuned together to get optimum results?
    What issues would i run into, tuning only the engine ecu?
    Thanks in advance

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    for best performance i would ship that TCM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

so far on my 2017 a10 flex tune I am seeing a drop in how it is shifting. light loads it has gotten worse sort of draggy on light load shifts. Wot its not a quick either. So off the tcm goes to get done. As it was I didnt like how it was shifting stock and now worse with a tune in progress.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    so far on my 2017 a10 flex tune I am seeing a drop in how it is shifting. light loads it has gotten worse sort of draggy on light load shifts. Wot its not a quick either. So off the tcm goes to get done. As it was I didnt like how it was shifting stock and now worse with a tune in progress.
    tcm tune won't fix the e85 slow shifts, you need to fix your torque model.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    tcm tune won't fix the e85 slow shifts, you need to fix your torque model.
    I had read that the e85 model will be off. I liked it over and looked low but so do the normal ones so wasn’t sure if should start by throwing 20 percent at it or not. Is there a way to log anything to make changes on it? Car is lazy has hell on the small e mix more at part throttle then wot stuff but that is down too.
    Thanks Higgs I know you spent tons of time on your own c7 so sure you have it figure out as read up a lot on your stuff.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150