Thread: VCM Control idle (IAC) steps

Potential Tuner

VCM Control idle (IAC) steps

I am a novice user and am just getting familiar with the software. I am unable to get the VCM Control idle (IAC) steps command to do anything. The TPS % control is unavailable. The RPM command works just fine as do the other VCM controls I’ve tried.

I’ve tried adding IAC Position to the table display as another user suggested in a prior thread. Made no difference.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My vehicle is a 99 Corvette 6 speed.

Jim

never messed with a vette with any of the controls but you dont have an iac motor to control, so unless the computer changes those steps to tps, which i dont think it does, then that table is worthless to you
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I agree!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Potential Tuner

Thank you

Thank you for you response. Forgot my Vette doesn't have a IAC (Z28 LS1 did). What I want to do is a cylinder balance test as I think I have a weak injector and saw this as an interesting method to start the diagnostic process.

Obviously to do the test I don't want the PCM trying to maintain idle as the software measures idle drop. So it makes sense to me to command a specific throttle (TPS) position and not let the PMC change it. The "TPS %" is blanked out for my car and it seems it should not be, rather the "Steps" should be. Is this a 'bug' or me just not understanding the software.

What is the proper way to do a cylinder balance on a Vette?

Jim

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 99VetteVert
    I am a novice user and am just getting familiar with the software. I am unable to get the VCM Control idle (IAC) steps command to do anything. The TPS % control is unavailable. The RPM command works just fine as do the other VCM controls I’ve tried.

I’ve tried adding IAC Position to the table display as another user suggested in a prior thread. Made no difference.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My vehicle is a 99 Corvette 6 speed.

Jim

I have the same problem but in my 2002 f-body. Commanded RPM doesn't work either. I used to be able to mess with all that stuff via the VCM scanner... but that was before the MPVI Pro upgrade (all serial before). Basically, nothing under the "Special" tab in teh VCM Controls window works anymore. Any ideas? Could my IAC motor have died in the two weeks that it took to get my new cable? btw, only 31,003.6 miles.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I guess not!