Thread: 2013 Mustang 5.0 Dead after writing tune

Tuner in Training

2013 Mustang 5.0 Dead after writing tune

Hey guys,

I think I might know the answer but I want to make sure this sounds right. I read out my SCT tune and wrote it back in with HP Tuners. Now the dash lights are going crazy and it won't start. The SCT handheld is saying incorrect vehicle now. Was I supposed to return to stock with the SCT before writing with HP? Is there anything I can reset or do I need to contact SCT in order for them to force the return to stock file to write? Thanks for the help.
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    Procharger P1SC1 STGII w/4" pulley = 10lbs
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Lethal Performance O/R X-PIPE
    Borla S-Type
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Take off the neg. form battery for 30 minutes or so. Should help.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, will try that thanks. Do I need to reflash again after 30 minutes? I also notice under OS there's an RPM Limit Patch. I did not apply this but not sure if SCT gives this option and was turned on in the tune.

Tuner in Training
    So it appears to be an issue with copying the entire spark table from one strategy to another. And I'm not sure which one it is since there's a crap load of tables. And there's nothing in the software to tell you what would cause it.

You need to give a more clear explanation if you want help.

You said that you read out a tune and re-wrote it, bricking the car. Now you say that you have tried to push spark tables across strategies.

Advanced Tuner
    Check spark > Advance > Idle Spark Advance. I had problems with Derivative Gain, Proportional Gain/ N-D.
    Also Borderline corrections.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, for some reason the first time it didn't work but after disconnecting battery and putting on charger the base tune went through ok. Then I did I copy of a tune I had running when the car was an Auto. My buddy now owns the car and he removed the Auto and had a manual installed with a different ECU. It has an SCT tune in it so I want to put back in the tune I wrote which is a lot better so I'm using the compare option and just selecting the categories I want and I narrowed it down to the spark table so far. Might be others but borderline worked but IDLE table doesn't. Is there anything in the software that can show me what's different between the strategies and not just the values?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you always have to return the SCT back to stock, do not stack tunes. different checksum's on both

swapping from auto to manual you will need to license a manual strategy and flash it to the car
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Ok,thanks. It's been over a year since I've did any tuning and forgot all about it . I did have to use up 2 credits when writing the tune. I got pretty much everything copied over from my other tune except all of the spark tables. Having issues with IDLE and some others so I've been just manually copying and pasting from the tables and changing the column values to match as well. Here's the 2 strategies.

2013 Ford Mustang (8 cyl), 1ZVBP8CF1D5201060 FPFD1AA, (Ford: 2)
    2013 Ford Mustang (8 cyl), 1ZVBP8CF6D5226066 FSFD1AA, (Ford: 2)

I noticed Flex Fuel has been added but I probably won't mess with those since it's no longer my car. Thanks for the help.