Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 z06 15% od

Tuner in Training

2017 z06 15% od

So heres my dyno, afr pretty rich. since then i dialed back maf scaling by 2 percent and then moved PE from 2.8 to 2.65

15% OD pulley
    bms filter
    ported tb
    cat deletes
    x pipe
    Grantelli expansion tank

open to any suggestions. also attached a log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    dyno
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Making some good power! Fixing to install a 9% crank on my 2017. Was hesitant to turn it much faster due to possible too high manifold temps. I don't see where you logged yours.

Advanced Tuner
    Patrick, great numbers indeed. I saw your wot timing at 27 deg upto, you mentioned you are running pump gas. How are you managing? I have the same 15% pulley and basic add ons and use torco and boostane, 20 deg gets me into KR.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Patrick, great numbers indeed. I saw your wot timing at 27 deg upto, you mentioned you are running pump gas. How are you managing? I have the same 15% pulley and basic add ons and use torco and boostane, 20 deg gets me into KR.
    I'm not finding where he is running 26* of advance at WOT. Less than 22 is all I'm finding in his log. Maybe one of the Base Corrections is reducing although most are zeroed out.

want to see timing look at mine still on 9 to 10 lbs boost on this though as waiting on my 9.5 pulley to show up
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

also noticed throttle not opening all the way up so giving up power there. It didnt log boost in the log so guess no on map high res. use this channel list from now on with logs and will help you see whats going on with everything and especially limiters and my layout to see it in a graph. You will get your boost in these. I have had to fix a few cars that were not opening all the way. getting better at finding the power limit and getting around it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    Its in the High octane table, 6000 rpm and above, 25-27 deg. The log doesn't show that

Senior Tuner
    Its in the High octane table, 6000 rpm and above, 25-27 deg. The log doesn't show that
    Do you know which table is reducing his advance vs. what the High Octane table reads?

They have a bunch of adders I would have to look over the whole tune but I bet it’s cutting spark as it is cutting throttle as on a limit still. Throttle should be in low 90s or tps reading to be open no in 70s or 80s. If saw a log with my channel list I use I would know more for sure

Senior Tuner
    There are definitely a lot of adder tables. Best to just log to see what timing is doing and go from there.

You may be giving up some 60' with so rich at the lower rpm. My factory tune calls for much leaner down low.

As far as the throttle not opening fully, adding a couple % to the Driver Demand table from about 50% throttle and up should cure that but be sure you don't get knock retard. Raising the DD table will introduce kr if too much. I have to run Boosane to eliminate kr with mine. Even when it was stock I had logged kr with just 93 octane. The right numbers in the Airmass Based and MAP Based tables helps keep the throttle open too.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    also noticed throttle not opening all the way up so giving up power there. It didnt log boost in the log so guess no on map high res. use this channel list from now on with logs and will help you see whats going on with everything and especially limiters and my layout to see it in a graph. You will get your boost in these. I have had to fix a few cars that were not opening all the way. getting better at finding the power limit and getting around it.
    You?re saying my throttle isn?t opening all the way>? I?m seeing around 13psi

Tuner in Training
    I add a qt of boostane

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Making some good power! Fixing to install a 9% crank on my 2017. Was hesitant to turn it much faster due to possible too high manifold temps. I don't see where you logged yours.
    I’m really not seeing bad temps. You can see my iat in that log. Only 2 gears but no movement

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    I’m really not seeing bad temps. You can see my iat in that log. Only 2 gears but no movement
    You have to log Manifold Air Temp to see how your air temp rises as you make a WOT pass. Go under your Broadcast channels and select it. Better yet just use Lt1a350 configuration that he posted above. He has MAT selected.

If you post a log with my channels I will look it over and tell you what it needs As for timing I am running 24 total on mine with no kr I have one at 17 psi with 27 degrees of timing on e85. my car stock had tons of weird kr now on tune I have never seen any at all even on 24 degrees timing. I run up to 30 on e50 but have also done work to my cam tables. My car is logging more on the maf then some I have seen making 700 whp on 14 lbs of boost and I am still only on 9-10. I have been logging 80-82 gps on my maf at 6200 rpm which is what most are doing on 13-15 lbs. Sure as most know air flow and maf convert to hp. Get a few good pulls on the street on the car on my channel list and I will look it over.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks lt1350! I'll get a log tomorrow and post it using your configuration.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    If you post a log with my channels I will look it over and tell you what it needs As for timing I am running 24 total on mine with no kr I have one at 17 psi with 27 degrees of timing on e85. my car stock had tons of weird kr now on tune I have never seen any at all even on 24 degrees timing. I run up to 30 on e50 but have also done work to my cam tables. My car is logging more on the maf then some I have seen making 700 whp on 14 lbs of boost and I am still only on 9-10. I have been logging 80-82 gps on my maf at 6200 rpm which is what most are doing on 13-15 lbs. Sure as most know air flow and maf convert to hp. Get a few good pulls on the street on the car on my channel list and I will look it over.
    If it ever stops raining ill get a chance too. On like 7th day in a row and next 5 forecasted rain too. Sigh

Why sometimes I see dyno of 2017 Z06 making 600-700 with 8-12psi of boost pressure, using pump gas with methanol, They use 13's and slope down into 12's a/f ratio.

Then sometimes like this one I see 11's across the board. Is it just the lack of methanol? You didn't use any meth here?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    Why sometimes I see dyno of 2017 Z06 making 600-700 with 8-12psi of boost pressure, using pump gas with methanol, They use 13's and slope down into 12's a/f ratio.

Then sometimes like this one I see 11's across the board. Is it just the lack of methanol? You didn't use any meth here?
    I don?t have meth. Whenever they get a good DI upgrade where PI isn?t necessary ill go 100% e85 and a bigger sc