Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installed 3 bar MAP sensor on LSJ

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i learned something new today, i apparently dont know how to google well. i personally would never do it because its fudging the system which means it fudges all of its internal airflow analysis values which get used for things like traction control and threshold settings and table axis alignment.
    the resolution isnt going to be great because the data is being compressed over the same oem axis array length. if you have seen a ve table for a p59 2 bar os upgrade then you know the resolution loss i speak of.

cylinder airmass is a internal calculation based off of air pressure, air temperature, and rpm at a minimum. this will be one of those "fudged values" as a result. i dont think you will necessarily have to account for this skewing because you will just be throwing values in as needed on the tables with those axis. yes it makes them difficult to track and yet another reason not to use this method. if you wish to calculate it manually then you'll need equations to go off of. check this link out for an explanation maybe it will help you. http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/200...ss-models.html
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-24-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Don't forget the advantages of having a ve-only setup...no maf, bov, open crankcase vent. All I need to do is create some kind of chart so I don't get confused by the values. I'll see what I can figure out. I'm interested in what the drivability will be though.
    Silver 2007 Ion Redline w/comp. package, K04 Turbo, forged 9.5:1 pistons

by logging kr against what the ecu thinks is g/cyl you should have no problem fudging your way through that table and others like it.
    thats probably why he didnt mention those tables.

Tuner in Training
    any update to get the 3 bar sensor to work on lsj? not looking to run just ve here but would like to change to 3bar to track the boost over 21psi. tvs here with ported head and 3.5" intake ls4 and the 2.5 bar gets maxed out was hoping to use a 3 bar to keep track of boost levels.

Advanced Tuner
    Spyder09 - As long as your not scaling the tune and want to use the vehicle with a 3 bar instead of the 2.5 --- linear = 329.41 and offset = -11.25 which for me at key on is 100kpa(Chicago,IL) - depending on where you live you may have to adjust the numbers to suit your needs - however if your trying to log higher than 250map/21-22psi the ecm wont it stops there
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-01-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder09 View Post
    any update to get the 3 bar sensor to work on lsj? not looking to run just ve here but would like to change to 3bar to track the boost over 21psi. tvs here with ported head and 3.5" intake ls4 and the 2.5 bar gets maxed out was hoping to use a 3 bar to keep track of boost levels.
    if you run into a log issue for the map capping out then try to install it as a remote sensor. you can always use your mpvi interface or sacrifice a useless sensor line to hijack as a custom pid arrangement. just make sure if your going with the sensor port that its capable of the 5v signal range.

The LSJ p12 pcm will not read over 2.5 bar no matter what, only way to do that is to purposely scale the slope of the MAP calibration which will basically mean the pcm will be reporting xx% less MAP than usual. I don't recommend it, if you use dynamic airflow scaling the pcm only uses the VE to filter the MAF during transient conditions suchs as throttle changes, oh and if your MAF fails. I am running 23psi on my s257sxe and I use dynamic set at 4000rpm enable 3900 disable. The VE table you just need to be "close enough" around the 210kPa cells and it will run just fine. Never had a problem with dynamic airflow even off the VE table, did need a MAF afc do keep Hz below the 11,100Hz limit