Thread: staying in map point 0

Tuner in Training

staying in map point 0

I made a few track passes all of my runs showed i never left map point 0, i was looking at my tune and and in my distance tables my best drivablitiy and fuel economy was all 0.00. would or could this be the reason for not entering OP or higher map points for performance?

Make sure that you have some number of MPs enabled, including OP, in ECM 38155 and copy in some good Best Economy Distance table values. This should allow for blending of MP during part throttle driving.

Double check that OP Enable Pedal Position and Enable % Load values look good.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Make sure that you have some number of MPs enabled, including OP, in ECM 38155 and copy in some good Best Economy Distance table values. This should allow for blending of MP during part throttle driving.

Double check that OP Enable Pedal Position and Enable % Load values look good.
    My op enable pedal position is set at 5
    my load percentage is set at
    Screenshot (4).png

Advanced Tuner
    Post your file.

Best drivability being set to 0 shouldn't cause your run to be in mapped point 0 but on best drivability load, set it to 5.0.

Tuner in Training
    here is the current tune in the car

travis51818.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    What kind of car is this and mods?

You need to populate your VCT Fuel Economy Tables. You have 0 all the way across there for you're getting mapped point 0. I'll check it out more.

Tuner in Training
    2016 mustang gt mt82, whipple w/3.25 pulley, 132mm throttle body, LT, x-pipe, id1050, dual fuel pumps

Advanced Tuner
    Has this car already been tuned? or did you change this or is this stock? There's a lot of Things on here that are adjusted. I can send you something that will work with what you have already on the file.

Tuner in Training
    I have been trying to tune it was previously tuned when I bought the car but I never had full throttle. I've been trying to learn with the car.

Advanced Tuner
    I see, well this strategy is different. I haven't seen one set up the way these tables are.
    What throttle body are you using??
    Any way, I have two different adjustments. One will be using the cam angles you have, you'll just have to change a few tables. The second one will involve adjusting around 10 tables, and it will utilize more mapped points. You can try them out, be sure to watch your knock retard since adjusting the distance tables can result in retard and may need adjustment to spark tables.

You may want to change your Pedal Position WOT start to 90, and change your Pedal Position WOT end to 90 so it doesn't attempt WOT so soon. Just until you get mapped point 0 figured out. This is not a final, just a test, other tables will need changed as well.

ptman.xlsx

Tuner in Training
    Thank you I will download when I get home.

Tuner in Training
    I have the Whipple 132mm TB