Thread: LS3 Timing Glitch Under Boost

Tuner in Training

LS3 Timing Glitch Under Boost

Need some expertise here friends. I've been stumped by "V" shaped negative spikes on my SC Ls3 under boost (see attached screen shots). If anyone is interested in looking at my data I would appreciate it. The funky thing is that you get one strong pull in all gears with no issues. This is followed by 2 or 3 timing blips on consecutive pulls. It doesn't look like a normal ECM response to me. Please consider the following:

-No clear correlation to knock
    -No clear correlation to IAT
    -2011 C6 with 6spd
    -Edelbrock eForce SC at 8psi

Regards,
    DaveT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    looks possibly like burst knock

Tuner in Training
    is your traction control turned off? if you are spinning, it could be pulling timing

I notice the injector duty spikes in that area sometimes. Makes me think error with part of the model. Have you tried it without the MAF sensor?

did you have to fudge any values to get large injectors to work?

your getting weird blips in your MAP readings too. Also your airflow is off the chart, so bring that in to viewable range. Maybe Airflow or SC or MAP is all fluctuating for some reason, this will cause timing to move cells. Or just post a log make it easier.

Also may want to log all spark modifier and retard PIDs.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires