Thread: Vats Issue - saab 97x with GM drivetrain - no crank signal

Vats Issue - saab 97x with GM drivetrain - no crank signal

Hi, I'm brand new at all this HP Tuners software and not sure if I'm missing something or not. I have a 06 saab with a 5.3L awd drivetrain and it was missing the key for the vats when I purchased and tested the engine for a few seconds by hot wiring the relays till the vats kicked in, so I know the wiring is good from there. Since then, I just purchased the HP Tuners Pro, but was informed they went to the new MPVI2, so thats what I have currently and for being brand new, a little more start up help on it would be great! (Can't get the blue tooth to work yet, and yes I tried the button on both PC and Mac) I was able to get in via cable and disable the vats and re wrote the entire, but still no crank, I did figure out how to add to see for signal when I use the scanner feature, but I don't see a signal. Any recommendations? I think this is frickin Awesome software once I get it figured outstock 2nd open re written vats off stock tune.hpt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    any dtc's? These typically help point you in the right direction when it comes to vats related issues.

Also did you perform a write entire or write calibration only? The answer to this question is also relevant and VERY important.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

No Dtc's present and I did a entire re write. I also noticed the vats security light is still on and the file shows disabled. Not sure if it matters, but the Vats ring that senses the key is missing from the ignition switch (wire, but I would think with it disabled, it might not matter. Maybe I'll try to see if it starts by jumping the starter relay and see what happens. If the vats kicks in, then I'll try to flash again and if it starts and runs, then I'll scratch my head more.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"