Thread: Scanner Channel Limitations? Adding Blank Lines?

Scanner Channel Limitations? Adding Blank Lines?

I read this somewhere before but what are the limitations of the newest scanner in terms of how many PIDs can be entered? I understand the need to limit these for resolution, but is there an upper limit number?

I ask this question as I have a fairly large amount of populated channels in my default configuration that grew quite a bit since I am polling all of the mapped points in a Coyote/Coppermine (BTW - Very cool feature; Take that SCT!!!).

To delineate the different sections of my channel config, I wish to border them with blank lines. I have only one blank line visible and I wish to add more. I can't move it up or down, as that simply shifts the populated channel either up or down. I don't see an option to 'ADD BLANK CHANNEL FIELD' or something to that affect.

If I am hitting a wall because there is a limit on the number of scanning channels, I will delete some parameters. But it would be great if we had that feature added. Thank you.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

I've literally added every parameter there is on an E38 before and it still worked reasonably well. Perhaps there is a limit on some ECM's but I've never hit it

To add blank spaces, highlight the whole group below where you want the empty space added, right click and hit move down. it will move them down and leave a blank space above what you had selected. It's a bit of a pain but it works
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I know there is a limit on the 0411 style, at least on the pro and data logging internally. A friend of mine was trying to log too many, and the red light would come on, but when he would open up the log, nothing was in it. After quite a ordeal, that was the issue, however, I can not say how many is too many.

schpenxel, Thank you! I tried just about everything but highlighting the entire group and moving the channels en masse. Worked perfectly. Thanks.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Potential Tuner
    i have added hp tuners preset for lc-2 wb and delivered torque that i think is my own math cannot remember now but these two parameters are only added to the vehicle supported channels yet when connected and engine running the stock or sea supported parameters work fine yet my saved preset for my f150 5.4 with two added parameters simply will not record or live graph, ive tried reducing and no go. any ideas? i should mention when the car is running on sae supported channels and i add any pids the entire hp tuners software works no problems other then as stated it does not