Thread: 2013 Rg Colorado some advice needed

Tuner in Training

2013 Rg Colorado some advice needed

Pulled this tune out of a friends ute , dont know who did it , but cuts out around 3000 to 3500 rpm and engine power reduced comes up on the dash and stalls
    it maybe a simple thing or maybe not ,dont have the stock file to compare against ,could anyone tell me where its gone wrong
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    any dtc's

Tuner in Training
    only once something come up about fuel pressure, managed to get the stock file if that helps

Tuner in Training
    stock file for comparison
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    well i see changes to the fuel system settings for base fuel pressure along with injector changes

has the car been modified injectors or anything because you may want upload a stock file and see if the same thing happens to verify if its tune related or not

when the reduce power comes on is that when you had the code pop up - im a gm tech and i can look it up to see if theres any bulletins or anything if you can give me the dtc
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-27-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i think from memory it was P0086 or 89 -fuel pressure regulator ,doesnt do it on stock file ,i modded the fuel tables and it doesnt do it now ,but now it has oil pressure problems if you get into it to much and blows smoke higher up in the revs ,maybe i need to learn about smoke limitation tables

Advanced Tuner
    here's a bulletin about the p0089
    Attachment 81670
    here's a bulletin about the oil pressure
    Attachment 81671
    now i know theres some parts about using the gm diag systems - but at least theres some information to check on

do you have a red oil light on for the oil pressure or engine noise? what color is the smoke?

engine symptom doc
    Attachment 81672
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-14-2018 at 11:26 AM.

TCSS07 you the man !

It's fairly common to think the tune is at fault when in fact it's not.

Advanced Tuner
    that's all the info i could find about oil pressure and fueling for service bulletins - everything else was just normal flow chart diag - check fuel pressure,oil pressure,air leaks and what not
    but from what you posted in the first post id start with the fuel pump cleaning
    also again with the oil pressure - any lights come on the ipc - red oil light - hearing noise?