Thread: Tune for LS1 injector swap

Tuner in Training

Tune for LS1 injector swap

Hey guys Im new to the forum and hp tuners. I need the know what needs to be done to the tune when going from the stock injectors to FAST 36lb injectors. The car is a 2000 Trans Am LS1 with an ls6 intake, cam, headers, 2800 stall converter, and ram air lid

Did they give you the injector info when you bought them? Many companies like FIC and ID give you the proper injector info, that’s why you pay so much for them. I would google search fast 36 injectors hp tuners and see what threads you find. Sadly there is no tube cabinet

Tuner in Training
    I haven’t bought them yet so no injector info. When I googled them most people said they were direct replacements and only a few things needed to be changed in the tune like the pulse width and voltage.

Tuner in Training
    I actually just found a data sheet that may have everything I need for those injectors. How do I determine what I need to set the duty cycle at? When I had the tune written for the cam and converter, the guy said that my injectors were maxed out on the duty cycle which is why I’m buying the new injectors.

You don't set the duty cycle, that's not how it works.

Injector data is a must. I'd go with better injectors over FAST but that's my personal opinion. The flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder, offset vs volts and those tables will be change with new injectors. Most good injectors have all that data that you plug in.

Then you have to re-calibrate the tune again for the new larger fuel injectors. That means going back over the entire airflow model making any corrections that are required.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info. I’ll start looking for injectors that come with the data. Once I do get the data, is it pretty simple to plug into the tune?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    depends on the format of the data.
    you will be given data that is for non-boost regulated fuel system and it will be for a specific system psi.
    you need to verify the system psi with your actual psi and make a flow rate conversion as necessary.

if you have a non 1:1 referenced regulator then you can plug the rest of the data directly into the system for the axis that match your ecu.
    if you have a 1:1 referenced regulator then you need to modify this data to only be the data for the pressure at which the regulator is set to.

other than interpreting the data you have its pretty straight forward.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman