Thread: Need A LOT of help. Help an idiot.

Tuner in Training

Need A LOT of help. Help an idiot.

So for last couple days i have been tinkering with this thing trying to get it to do really anything if you had seen my other threads. Well i got it to halfway idle decent and attempted to drive around the block. Got a quick log of it, threw some check engine lights. If someone smarter than me can help really at all, would be much appreciated. Im going to pull the intake and put a 3 bar map in tomorrow. My fuel level sensor is out, gotta put a new one in so thats not new.

0x10: P0101 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P1433 (Current, History)

attached is tune and log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    fix the map sensor its stuck at 105kpa put the new one in and make sure you change the linear and offset so its reads 100kpa at key on engine off - if your above or below sea level youll have to adjust accordingly - you can find the necessary data on weather websites because if the map is reading fucked up its going to throw everything off
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-14-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    to me it looks like my map sensor is dead? nothing ever changes on it. just stays same.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    fix the map sensor its stuck at 105kpa put the new one in and make sure you change the linear and offset so its reads 100kpa at key on engine off - if your above or below sea level youll have to adjust accordingly - you can find the necessary data on weather websites because if the map is reading fucked up its going to throw everything off
    how would i adjust the linear and offset to make it read 100kpa with engine off? i have the generic #s to key in for the 3bar

Advanced Tuner
    yeah that map is dead it should never be frozen on one number it should always be moving depending on mods will determine where like big cams idle around 70kpa decent cams 60-70kpa and so fourth
    where did you get the map sensor? most will usually provide you with the data
    Last edited by TCSS07; 07-14-2018 at 09:09 PM.

You'd need to know what MAP sensor it is first, for all we know you have the incorrect data in there right now for whatever sensor is installed. Or just install the 3 bar sensor and those settings when you do that.

Also the MAP will read 100kpa if you are at sea level as said above but you do not have to adjust it further if say you live at 1,000 feet or 4,000 feet above sea level. Those readings are suppose to show like 96kpa or maybe 90kpa depending on altitude. I'm saying you wouldn't fudge the numbers back to 100kpa when you live at altitude.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    i should of clarified about the map sensor reading at 100kpa a little bit further than how i did, sorry i tend to do that always slips my mind

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    i should of clarified about the map sensor reading at 100kpa a little bit further than how i did, sorry i tend to do that always slips my mind
    3.3 bar installed. worked great. tune still trash and needs a lot work but here was the first cruise around neighborhood with map installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    looks much better - map reading - fuel trims moving - o2's toggling - just need to do a little cleaning up is all