Thread: SRT8 Idle Help

Tuner in Training

SRT8 Idle Help

I tuned this 11 Challenger and during tuning idle acted great. Always followed target. Customer brought it back after a week idling high. Checked all mechanicals and for vacuum leaks. Everything looked good. Only thing I can get to effect idle is turning off Throttle learn and even at that it stays a little high. Any input? Tune attached.RJJACKSON Procharged.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Got a log of the high idle? Any codes?

I have seen the crappy stock procharger bypasses fail, causing no air to be vented at idle as it should be and resulting in low vacuum and high idle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Got a log of the high idle? Any codes?

I have seen the crappy stock procharger bypasses fail, causing no air to be vented at idle as it should be and resulting in low vacuum and high idle.
    Here is a Log with Throttle Learn on and one with Throttle Learn off. Both under the same tune. Bypass is good. No codes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    ???? Did you notice your fuel trims and AFR are off the chart?? if you didn't already foul the plugs, cant do much with this vehicle until it is actually got a decent base tune, with the throttle learn on its idling at 0.74 lambda and fuel trims are being capped. WIth throttle learn off, its sitting at -32 LTFT and -22 STFTs, your tune is off almost 50% on fueling. Get that fixed first before you wash down the cylinders.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Ballenger AFR 500 isn't actually connected, or if it is, for some reason it isn't sending a true signal to the scanner. It's stuck at .74 lambda the whole time in both logs, never varies at all. That's pretty atypical of lambda to be rock steady, even on the best of tunes.

All that aside, I agree... this tune needs some serious work in the fueling and/or VE tables. Gonna ruin a motor in a quick hurry with what's going on in these logs.

Tuner
    Turning baro learn off would be the first thing I'd do