Thread: Tuning with more than one computer?

Tuning with more than one computer?

I have been using a ToughBook for tuning/logging data but the USB ports are getting wonky. I used my other laptop and went to tune the engine but got the message that it was an unlicensed computer. I tried resynching the MPVI but still got same message. I have been able to change tunes with this laptop but not able to write to the car. What am I missing?

Did you add the MPVI2 to MY DEVICES on the new computer?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

The MPVI shows up under MY DEVICES but I have never added the MPVI2
    Last edited by marksawatsky; 08-11-2018 at 03:09 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if you own both an mpvi1 and mpvi2 your licenses from the 1 are not on your 2 ie you can't tune a vehicle with the 2 without licensing it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yes, I know, I have never tried to tune with my MPVI2 because I have no credits attached to it. I am trying to write a file with a second laptop and the MPVI, that has lots of credits. It's an ECM I have changed dozens of times, the only difference is the laptop I'm using to do it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support, I don't think this is something we can handle via a forum back & forth.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"