Thread: IPC ROM Switch and IPC ROM Enable Ford Spanish Oak

IPC ROM Switch and IPC ROM Enable Ford Spanish Oak

I have looked for what IPC ROM Switch and IPC ROM Enable mean and do under Engine > Torque Model > Monitoring and cannot find anything. Could someone please enlighten me? Hovering over the buttons in HP Tuners does not show a definition of any kind for these functions. Thank you!

Does anyone know? Strange that nothing about these functions is described in HP Tuners and there is virtually nothing on the web about them either.

Tuner in Training
    ROM Enable both to disabled. These two changes will prevent the IPC from shutting the throttle down from a calculated torque error caused by our modifications. The Independant Plausibility Check (IPC) is a system for checking the electronic throttle operation and in the event that the engine is delivering more torque than it thinks it should, the IPC will step in put the vehicle in limp mode with a throttle shut. Disabling the IPC is a quick fix to prevent limp mode from happening but disabling it means there is nothing to keep the throttle from shutting down in the event of a real failure

Read more at: https://www.modularfords.com/content...sing-HP-Tuners

Thank you so much for responding Drdzl. Finally an answer!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NPD View Post
    Thank you so much for responding Drdzl. Finally an answer!
    Erick Brooks gets the credit, I was actually looking for the location of the two switches, you answered that for me.

Thanks