Thread: If Misfire detection is disabled, do I still have LTFT/STFT?

Advanced Tuner

If Misfire detection is disabled, do I still have LTFT/STFT?

This car has a small cam (based on sound) and a typical supercharger kit.

All is well at idle, but around 1700..1800 rpms at part throttle, it goes pig rich (ignore log, it has emission testing device attached, not wideband).

As rich as something like 0.75 lambda (AFR low as 11 or so). Not good for emission test.

I've never tuned this car, just trying to understand.

If Misfire detection is disabled, do I still have LTFT/STFT?

Because in the logs, it seems that trims are there but at the same time O2 sensors are flat rich over 1700 rpms or so. No trim changes still.

It seem obvious that this car has misfires. And that is mechanical and needs to be fixed.

But why no trims above 1800 rpm or so?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel trims are still enabled of no misfire detection is on.
    If you have a misfire the O2s will normally show up as a false lean.
    I dont have access to look at the log or tune right now but is the car tuned for the cam?

The proportional and integral values control how quickly the PCM tries to make fueling changes. The O2's are clearly responding to the enriched exhaust so the lack of response from the PCM tells me that you need to raise your proportional values to increase response speeds at the airflow levels that it's acting so slowly.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.