Thread: '11 sierra 4.8L question... slow Electronic throttle response w/ delay

Potential Tuner

'11 sierra 4.8L question... slow Electronic throttle response w/ delay

Greetings all, had a question. Hooking up to a 2011 GMC Sierra 4.8L had the tuning going pretty good, but am still gettting an ETC Delay and (what i would call) lag. Very slow increase in RPM from dead stop.

Removed Torque Management in Low rpms, altered PE, got maf almost spot on, but can't find where the darn ETC options are for this vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

What if the engine/trans/gear combo is what is really limiting you here?

You can log the throttle/pedal channels to see what they are doing. If they match what is commanded, then it's not really a throttle opening slowly issue.

For the most part you can't really change anything ETC related because you can cause it to into REP. Some people will fib to the computer by saying the throttle blade is smaller than it really is but going to far will cause REP.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    well, i suppose but i doubt it. Reason being as long as its moving, i can mash the pedal and it'll put your head into the headrest. it's just the initial take-off from start. A lot of other ETC vehicles i've tuned always had a delay function available to alter. Delay, tip-in torque, throttle opening %, etc... nothing here that