Thread: Cammed E78 gasser trucks

Senior Tuner

Cammed E78 gasser trucks

So, since the normal rules do not apply to this ecm in terms of "airflow base and startup" Does one just attack the torque tables and go for it? Or does it have something to do with the speed control/adaptive idle tables that needs to be looked at? I do not see this ecm very often, let alone cammed setups with this ecm.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    So, since the normal rules do not apply to this ecm in terms of "airflow base and startup" Does one just attack the torque tables and go for it? Or does it have something to do with the speed control/adaptive idle tables that needs to be looked at? I do not see this ecm very often, let alone cammed setups with this ecm.
    I have the VVT -1 cam in my truck. I left many of the tables stock initially, tuned MAF and vve table and then changed torque tables to accommodate the increase in power I would expect to receive (retuned after dyno run). Idle airflow and adaptive idle remained stock, vvt tables changed per TSP recs I noticed a lot of surge initially but after I tuned the MAF and vve table, and altered timing the surge went away. No though I have a 78mm turbo and everything in my ecu seems to have required changes for me to run 13psi

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RySmDPT14 View Post
    I have the VVT -1 cam in my truck. I left many of the tables stock initially, tuned MAF and vve table and then changed torque tables to accommodate the increase in power I would expect to receive (retuned after dyno run). Idle airflow and adaptive idle remained stock, vvt tables changed per TSP recs I noticed a lot of surge initially but after I tuned the MAF and vve table, and altered timing the surge went away. No though I have a 78mm turbo and everything in my ecu seems to have required changes for me to run 13psi
    have i mentioned i hate this heinz 57 ecm? Check your PM's sir.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Responded to PM