Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustang Whipple Closing Throttle

Tuning Addict
    We need to be able to change everything that the flare tool allows you to adjust - I requested this when the tunes were being decrypted If you can't disable all of the overly sensitive limits IT WILL kill the motor with any sort of in and out of throttling or any sort of aggressive driving...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Their rev limiter is a MUST have ability to change. Even though I have the PCM set for 8000rpms I am hitting the Flare tool set limit (in the BCM?) of 7500 (starts to cut fuel at 7400). Its a 30-40whp difference between 7400 and 7900 rpms. I need to be able to kill this limiter or be able to adjust it.

The power by gear reduction (works by closing the throttle) is also very a good to have, no one has any traction in 1st and 2nd gear, with their tool I have full traction in both gears with the reduction set to 20-25%.

Lastly their Knock limiting tends to be too reactive and closes the throttle with heightened knock sensor voltages (no KNOCK level noise, pre knock level noise) and even Whipple says to turn it off. If you just upload their tune and don't have the flare tool, this logic is defaulted to on.
    I'm surprised you aren't slinging belts yet We're running a one of a kind belt setup that whipple experimented with on a 15 road course car - so far with a much superior belt tensioner it's holding up rather nicely, but before that it was slinging them with this particular driver on a regular basis...

What's your final rwhp numbers with the arh setup? Your also revving higher that I push them, but nothing wrong with that...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    718whp so far at 7300rpms on a superflow dyno, should be 740 or so near 7800 we hope!!

Senior Tuner
    I lasered aligned all pulleys on install found main tensioner an main damper were off. Damper wasn't on all the way and tensioner we shimmed off the whipple bracket, nonissues so far

Tuner
    @06300CSRT8 @GHuggins Do either of you guys have a "stock" Whipple calibration file? I have a 2017. Trying to decide how I want to approach adding a used 2nd Gen blower. Whipple was smart enough to offer their kits without the blower itself to speed up sales of the new 3rd Gen blower by allowing 2nd Gen users to sell their current head unit and giving those buyers, like myself, the ability to buy the rest of the kit.
    Last edited by HextallS550; 10-10-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: spellin'

Senior Tuner
    Yep I have one, works perfect, the only downside is you won’t have the Flare tool to make quick changes. But to be honest I haven’t used it since I bought it

Tuner
    Can you send it to me? Is it Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Their rev limiter is a MUST have ability to change. Even though I have the PCM set for 8000rpms I am hitting the Flare tool set limit (in the BCM?) of 7500 (starts to cut fuel at 7400). Its a 30-40whp difference between 7400 and 7900 rpms. I need to be able to kill this limiter or be able to adjust it.

The power by gear reduction (works by closing the throttle) is also very a good to have, no one has any traction in 1st and 2nd gear, with their tool I have full traction in both gears with the reduction set to 20-25%.

Lastly their Knock limiting tends to be too reactive and closes the throttle with heightened knock sensor voltages (no KNOCK level noise, pre knock level noise) and even Whipple says to turn it off. If you just upload their tune and don't have the flare tool, this logic is defaulted to on.
    We have some of these features implemented in VCM Scanner 3.7 Beta and are looking for someone to test them for us. If you are interested, please email support and reference this thread

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    We have some of these features implemented in VCM Scanner 3.7 Beta and are looking for someone to test them for us. If you are interested, please email support and reference this thread

Thanks!
    Big win

@GHiggins

Thanks!
    I read this and went and hooked it up to the car but don't see it in the Special Functions icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    I read this and went and hooked it up to the car but don't see it in the Special Functions icon?
    Please email [email protected] with the subject line "Attn: Mark" and reference this thread. We were looking for someone to test it before we just enabled them. Once you email support, we will get you setup to test a couple of these and then we will work on getting the rest in there.

My tuner works in engineering for one of the manufacturers, I had him email you.

Thanks!
    Too anyone trying the limit switches in the scanner - How is it working out?

I just swapped a 2015 manual to an auto and I was able to load an auto tune I got from whipple using the flare tool but I was not able to use the flare tool. It would not connect with the PCM.

When you connect the flare tool after you let it recognize the car hit the button on the left that says "Open" and it will allow you to make changes

Should Whipple hpt reads be flashed over the Whipple calibration or should the the PCM be returned to stock and then flashed with the Whipple based hpt file?

Senior Tuner
    Flash over the Whipple, not sure the Flare tool will recognize the stock calibration nor be able to make any of the needed changes.

That said for someone not caring abou the Flare tool options you can flash a stock PCM with an HPT Whipple calibration and it works great.

What if the Whipple hpt read is from a different car? Best to go back to stock? Any issue flashing a 2015 read to a 2016 or a 2017 to a 2015?

I was told that HP is making headway with the Flare tool options, so that is actually really cool.

Tuner in Training
    I had a pcm returned to stock and also read the whipple tune. If I flash the whipple tune using hpt into this stock ecu will I still get the flare tools limits? I do not have a flare tools now and the whipple cal is limiting my throttle due to 3.5 pulley.

I was hitting a limit and raised some stuff in the tune to make it work with the 3.65 pulley. Then we started adding nitrous and each time we would up the shot we would run into another limit closing the throttle to 55 percent. It doesn't say what limit it is... I can post log and tune later if needed... Anyone have insight to what tables need to be increased? If you use the flare tool in the scanner does it stay permanent?