Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 suburban 6.2L w/4L75E tuning issues

Tuner in Training

2007 suburban 6.2L w/4L75E tuning issues

Hello, i am new to the tuning community and I am tuning a 2007 Suburban LTZ with a 6.0L LQ4 "cast iron block and heads 5,967 cc (6.0 L; 364.1 cu in)" bored over to 6.2L "6,162 cc (6.2 L; 376.0 cu in)" Stock L9H Cam, crank, pistons, internally balanced, shorty headers, holley valve covers, 2400 stall FTI torque converter, drilled/tapped to install knock sensors "utilized side casting mounts, did not penetrate engine block". The transmission is a built 4L60E. I'm having a few issues getting the tuning just right for this build, are there any recommendations out there on getting everything to work properly and possibly some good performance out of this build? The original engine was a 5.3L so to get it to start and run was a challenge in itself. but, it runs and drives with no codes and is peppy but seems to lose power "like hitting a wall" at full throttle. also i think i messed up the tuning for the electric fans and a/c, the fans turn on after 15 seconds on low and then on high 2 seconds after that. The a/c will not turn on at all, it's fully charged and i have replaced every single sensor if i jump the relay the compressor and it blows cold turns on I'm looking at using my tech2 to reprogram the head unit to see if that fixes it. My 4WD also does not engage anymore could i have tuned that out on accident as well? I have hit a wall in my limited tuning capabilities and need someones help. if you can help i would greatly appreciate it. if not, can you could point me in the right direction i would appreciate that as well. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. Eventually i will be doing a duramax build for this suburban this was a budget build for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you provide the stock tune and the current modified tune with a log, I know we can help more.

Do you a have a wide band? If not get one. AEM 30-0334 is a great unit for cost involved.

Also, MPVI standard or Pro?

edit: add question
    Last edited by MakesBadDecisions; 03-30-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    2007 burban stock.hpt i have included the stock 5.3 tune and the current tune im running the runs good just seems like an issues like i said above. thank you for the help. MPVI2 standard. burban 6.2 030319.hpt 033019 run.hpl
    Last edited by Camochevyman; 03-30-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    "Success isn't always about 'Greatness', it's about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come." -Dwayne Johnson.

Do you have a log of it happening?
    How about a wideband?

Tuner in Training
    no i dont have wideband and i just added the log to the last comments just got back from the run.
    "Success isn't always about 'Greatness', it's about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come." -Dwayne Johnson.

Tuner in Training
    on that tune i changed the idle and i changed the fans to pwm electric now they run on low not high should i go back to serial for those? i was going to flash the ecm back to stock with my tech 2 and then go from there and start over but im not sure if i should?

You are missing some things in the log that might help figure out the dead feeling.

I would highly suggest a wideband. Airflow models need corrected for proper operation of everything from drieveablilty to trans shifting
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am curious as to the other communication issues you are having. I wonder if the TCS patch did something weird. Maybe a full TECH2 flash and start over might help.

Stupid question. You sure the grounds are good on the motor, battery, etc?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    I am curious as to the other communication issues you are having. I wonder if the TCS patch did something weird. Maybe a full TECH2 flash and start over might help.

Stupid question. You sure the grounds are good on the motor, battery, etc?
    i pulled all the grounds cleaned the surfaces and put back and painted over them to prevent corrosion. i put a new negative cable to the battery and a secondary grounding strap for the ribbon ground for the engine im going to relocate that and see if that helps.

Worth a shot. The 4x4 and AC not working is odd and could be part of issue with the rest of the drive ability

Tuner in Training
    Worth a shot. The 4x4 and AC not working is odd and could be part of issue with the rest of the drive ability
    Fixed the a/c I ran new wires for the three wires and it works like new I must of broke some wire on removal/install. Now to figure out the fans.

And the tune.

Tuner in Training
    You are missing some things in the log that might help figure out the dead feeling.

I would highly suggest a wideband. Airflow models need corrected for proper operation of everything from drieveablilty to trans shifting
    I will definitely look into a wideband after we get settled with our move. Here is a log with the channels you recommended and the tune ran with it. 033019 run 2.hpl burban 6.2 033019.hpt

Hey man checking in to see how things are going.

Make any head way?

Log looked ok, tune needs some tweaks for sure nothing really screaming out. Had some knock and looks a touch rich in places.

Tuner in Training

Make any head way?

Log looked ok, tune needs some tweaks for sure nothing really screaming out. Had some knock and looks a touch rich in places.
    I went back to a basic tune and tuned up to the 6.2 found in the Yukon. And it's running great for now will tweak it a little after our move is complete. Then will post more and ask more questions thank you for the help you provided. Will post current tune later.

Tuner in Training

Make any head way?

The fans and ac are fixed and it's shifting great I had some broken wires and the fan temps were all out of whack. I had also found my shift points rpms and speed were way to high the reason it wasn't shifting at wot.

Thats great

Did you get all your stuff working again, 4x4, ac, etc?

Did you use the Blue Cat program for the transmission? It is a great starting point for correcting the speedo, shift points, convertor lock up and other things.

Tuner in Training
    Thats great
    Did you get all your stuff working again, 4x4, ac, etc?
    Not the 4x4 I think the soilinoid on the transfer case is bad.

Tuner in Training
    Did you use the Blue Cat program for the transmission? It is a great starting point for correcting the speedo, shift points, convertor lock up and other things.
    Blue cat program?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software

Read the first few pages as there is some really good info and link for the program in the first post.