Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timing???

These are the main spark table values. If the IAT temp gets to 98*F, then the timing is reduced. So if the air temp is below 98*F, then the scanner shows the same timing as the main spark tables at operating temp (~172*F)

Russ Kemp

You don't get extra advance from PE, or have you zero'ed it out?

The PE spark table is 0 stock. On all vehicles that have PE spark, I zero out the table and set up the main spark tables. The PE spark table is mainly used for trucks that have a PE delay, so no PE, then no extra spark because the AFR will be lean. The 6L and 8.1L trucks never enter PE that I've seen.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I have all the delay values zeroed out on my 5.3L truck and the enrichment rate set to the max, and I still have a delay. PE doesnt kick in until about 3600. So I still use that AFR adder.
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Send me you file, as I've also tuned two 1999 5.3 trucks and had no PE delay after tuning. The AFR spark table adds timing not fuel.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Oh yeah I know it adds spark, but I just use it so I only get that extra spark when PE kicks in.

You want the PE delay rpm to be 0 . Stock is 3200 rpm. Then the truck will enter PE as soon as the PE enable TPS threshold vs rpm is met.

Russ Kemp

So Russ, do you think the trucks' 5.3 timing should match your Z06's?
    03 Avalanche Z66
    5.3L, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, circle D 3200 stall converter, truetrac diff, shorty JBA headers
    Replaced 5.3 with ATK 6.0 460 hp crate motor - haven't put sc and w/m on it yet

00 vert vette
    Rebuilt LS1 with large cam, injectors, ported and slightly milled 243 heads, Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake Manifold, Vararam Ram Air Intake, LT headers, no cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, higher stall converter

Quote Originally Posted by Main_One
    So Russ, do you think the trucks' 5.3 timing should match your Z06's?
    Depends on the camshaft & CR. With my 234/228 cam, there is more low rpm timing, and the timing curve is steeper than a stock cam. Wot total timing is 23* @ .72 g/cyl above 4400 rpm.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Ever delay possible on my truck is 0, and I still have it. I think its just something in the truck OS.

Stock PE delay in the trucks is 5500.