Thread: FRPP lu47 issue.

Tuner in Training

FRPP lu47 issue.

Before I install a another new set of plugs and change the oil in this 2002 GT 4.6 I figured I'd post this question. I'm having an issue with a set of FRPP 47 lb injectors. I have read several the threads pertaining to injector data in these EEC-V pcms and I am at a loss.

The car was brought to me with the injectors already installed and the installer had ran the car a few times without any tuning. The installer had also installed a procharger. After I changed the plugs, oil, and reinstalled the factory injectors (to verify the engine started up and idled and accerlated without boost ok). I then reinstalled the FRPP 47 lb injectors. Next, I entered the data from https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-lu47.pdf and attempted to start the car. The engine is extremely flooded and will not start. Raw fuel smell comes from the exhaust and my wideband is pegged at max rich while cranking.

I have attached the tune it came in with and the FRPP data entered. Would someone mind taking a look and seeing if I'm overlooking something before I tell the customer to get me a different set of injectors?

firstpullwithinjectordata.hpt

I really like those injectors - they are great. Never had any problems with them.

What kind of fuel system you have there? Stock? Your pressure tables are not stock I assume.

You MAF definitely need some tuning.

Verify that you really have the right injectors.
    Last edited by veeefour; 04-01-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, this is a stock file that ONLY has the injector data entered as I interpreted it on the FRPP website.

I like these injectors as well. It has the crappy BBK fuel rails and a bigger fuel pump in the tank. The fuel lines and configuration is otherwise stock.

I have checked the numbers on the injectors and looked at the receipt the customer got when he ordered them. If I did not miss something when entering the injector data I can only assume it's a bad batch of injectors.

Tuner in Training
    OK so, I've been racking my brain against this today. I ended up writing a basic tune using an SCT device inputting the data from the frpp website I linked in my original post. When instead of the minimum pulse-width being 0.687 I entered in advantage III as .000687. Loaded the tune up and boom car started normally and is ready to continue tuning. There has to be something missing (or I missed) on the VCM editor side of things. I tried doing a read of the current SCT tune that I made but the SCT flash adds a character to the strategy and VCM editor can't open it as a recognized strategy. I read a forum post a while back about the minimum pulse-width things not being correct in anyone's software, but there were replies from Bill stating it was fixed in ALL for operating systems. Any advice? I'd really like to finish tuning this car using HPtuners.

Report that to support - there might be something wrong in definition.

I recommend leaving the min pulse as advertised.

Advanced Tuner
    i recommend setting minpw to 0 in all tunes

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    i recommend setting minpw to 0 in all tunes
    Why?