Thread: ly6 swap no tach and 158mph vss

Potential Tuner

ly6 swap no tach and 158mph vss

Hey guys im just finishing up my first swap its a 07 ly6 with a 08 e38. I am running a T5 transmission, I am also keeping VVT. Motor is all stock. Im having some trouble with the tach and the vss. I have the tach wire going to pin 48 on the black connector on the e38. I have it set to crank and 15/15 in the tune but when I hook up a meter Im not getting any signal from the computer. I have also hooked up a test light to it and still nothing. Im getting continuity from pin48 to the cluster.

On the vss problem its reading at 158 all the time. I have changed it to reptos, and disabled to no avail im not sure what else to do with it. I have changed the trans setting to manual. Here is a copy of my curent tune I am a noob but have been reading all i can trying to fix this my self but im in need of help. Thnaks guys

ly6_tune5.hpt
    Last edited by midgetjacko; 10-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I have the same, the same problem¡¡
    I have problem with my 2008 LY6. I have repinned a wire to pin 48. In HP tuners I have flashed it to "crank" and 15/15. Using resistors for a pull up signal around 1K and a switched 12volt wire I get nothing. I have tried with 3 tachometer different and nothing.

I have other problem that I don´t know if is relationship with Tach. My speed gauge(on HPTuners) show always 158mph(252 km/hr).

Specs TJ

Wrangler TJ
    LY6-2008 (Out Silverado 2500HD)
    T56 - Corvette 94
    Adapter T56/D20 in house
    Tranfer Case Dana 20
    F44 front
    F9 rear Detroit locker
    33x12.50 Dunes Grappler

Please share any information
    email: [email protected]

Regadrs
    Raul

Potential Tuner
    I have tried to figure it out but no luck. Think I'm just going to ditch the vvt and get a manual os to fix the speedo issue.

Potential Tuner
    crazy old thread but did you ever get it figured out?

Potential Tuner
    Tunin4poon I never was able to get the tach working correctly. It was very erratic when I was able to get the tach to move. I?m now doing another ly6 and I will try some things once I get it going. I think I read somewhere the 158 mph thing was because it?s the wrong channel to be logging? Going off memory so I could be wrong on that one.