Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this valve float? Bad maf placement? bad maf? backpressure?

Actually I might go to dyno soon I honestly put the car aside for a while, I have change the setup on the car some... It has an f1a now, moved the maf to the pipe rather than the intercooler... removed the boss 302 intake and added the gt350 swapping a built trany this weekend so hopefully I will get it back on the dyno. I honestly have learned a lot from simply troubleshooting what is going on. The car's tune is on point at this time as far as driving and wot I do not see any sign of problems.

what part number are you running on ur cams?
    The violet line seems like the cam is moving. the rpm line does show dives and then higher highs. do you have logs ?

First tried with max effort N/A cams 243440 but it was terrible - I will put them up for sale soon. Great cams but for N/A only.

Next tried 243480 max effort BLOWER cams - but this is just a more more aggressive variation of the ones above with even more duration - I saw some used them in N/A as well.
    They advertise them as a BLOWER cams and I believe they meant PD superchargers. Those cams are nothing like turbo cams, in reality you would want to use IN cam only and
    use stock EX cam. This would give you the best possible turbo combo but I don't really want to separate them as I will never sell them like that - those are quite pricey.

Cams designed for PD will never perform good in turbo application - I thought I can solve everything with VCT tuning but I was wrong.
    They say centri blowers are like turbo but I just can't agree on this one - similar but still different. Turbo is just a whole different story.

I will put the stock cams back and move form there. No better turbo cams for Coyote at the moment besides stock cams.

If I would need to set up the difficulty scale for given mods in Coyote I would go like this(most difficult to easiest):
    -turbo with cams
    -turbo
    -N/A with cams
    -PD
    -Centri
    -N/A
    Last edited by veeefour; 04-14-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    First tried with max effort N/A cams 243440 but it was terrible - I will put them up for sale soon. Great cams but for N/A only.

Next tried 243480 max effort BLOWER cams - but this is just a more more aggressive variation of the ones above with even more duration - I saw some used them in N/A as well.
    They advertise them as a BLOWER cams and I believe they meant PD superchargers. Those cams are nothing like turbo cams, in reality you would want to use IN cam only and
    use stock EX cam. This would give you the best possible turbo combo but I don't really want to separate them as I will never sell them like that - those are quite pricey.

Cams designed for PD will never perform good in turbo application - I thought I can solve everything with VCT tuning but I was wrong.
    They say centri blowers are like turbo but I just can't agree on this one - similar but still different. Turbo is just a whole different story.

I will put the stock cams back and move form there. No better turbo cams for Coyote at the moment besides stock cams.

If I would need to set up the difficulty scale for given mods in Coyote I would go like this(most difficult to easiest):
    -turbo with cams
    -turbo
    -N/A with cams
    -PD
    -Centri
    -N/A
    did you swap the cams out already? if not lmk if u wanna try something.

Quote Originally Posted by kleistang View Post
    did you swap the cams out already? if not lmk if u wanna try something.
    Yup, long gone.

Moving forward with stock cams - no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Yup, long gone.

Moving forward with stock cams - no issues.
    check ur inbox