Thread: tunning help!!

Tuner in Training

tunning help!!

Hello there i need some help tuning my vehicle.
    After finally getting the car to start correctly i can now tune it
    however no matter what i do to the VE table the car goes rich 10.5 then goes straight to 14.7.
    I also cant get the wideband to read on HP tuners ,I used to at first but now it doesnt ever show up.
    I just really want some tips or to be pointed in the right direction this is a learning experience for me hahaha
    please and thank you!!

base tune basic Start.hpt base tune nothing really wrong the car runs and drives but dies at a stop if i dont give it gas
    base tune mk1 PE tweak.hptPE activated at 50 tps
    base tune mk1 PE tweak+1.2x on Main VE.hptAFR set to 12.2 on PE activation
    base tune mk1 closed loop enabled at 220 Deg + Stoich 12.6.hpt tried to turn off closed loop thinking it would let go of target afr
    base tune mk1 ltft ena 220.hptLTFT enabled at 220 degrees
    base tune mk1idle rpm set to 650.hpt rpm set to 650 (current tune)

first Log 14.8 - 15 afr.hpl 1st log
    Second log (no change afr starts at 10 goes to 15).hpl 2nd log
    3rd scan starts off fat goes to 14.7 ish PE kicks in on hard throttle AC pressure not reading.hpl 3rd log

Are you running a mixed blend of fuel?

Stoich must match the fuel you are running. Also using the term AFR with E-blended fuel is okay but you need to understand how it works still. So because you set the stoich to 12.60, it's not going to show 12.2 for a commanded AFR because stoich in no longer 14.68 like the table is designed for. (12.60/1.200 = 10.50) or (14.68/1.20 = 12.23 on the gas scale)

You also need to remember that you are using both the MAF and VE, so you can't just change values in the VE and expect that change to do anything. The computer is using the MAF/VE combined up to 4,000rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ahhhh okay okay okay thank you.
    Ill revert back to just the PE tweak.
    Im using pump gas. So from what i understand to get my desired AFR i must mess with the MAF and VE not just VE?
    Im not trying to be funny or anything im really trying to learn here so hearing from you is amazing Thank you!

Stoich is always something that stays the same unless the fuel being used has changed. So if regular pump gas it can be 14.68 or 14.2 if you run E10 like most pumps carry.

PE is just a request, you are asking/telling the computer you want to run a richer air fuel ratio for power enrichment. So like you typed there and put in your tune, you wanted 12.23 AFR.

If the wideband you have installed is different from that value. Be it rich or lean, the MAF and VE (if using both) have to be adjusted to give that value. This is where setting up specific graphs/charts to log this is key. This way it would show exactly where the difference is and where to add or remove fuel from the MAF/VE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.