Thread: 2004 Silverado help

Potential Tuner

2004 Silverado help

Hi, Im new to tuning an ECU. im from the old school. i did a mild cam swap in my truck and the idle was too low. i adjusted that with no problem. it has a CAI with MAF and its throwing a code and can probably run better with some help. any advice is appreciated

Tuner in Training
    Gonna have to post a tune, boss.

Potential Tuner
    This is what i did so far. are you talking about the scanner data also?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Any data you post would be good. The more the experts on here have to look at, the more they can help you. I am certainly not one of those experts, but I can tell you what they will need to help you out. There?s some seriously smart guys on here that will help you out for sure.

Okay, it's throwing a code but what code?????????????

How much reading have you done on MAF sensor tuning and VE tuning to get the fuel situation squared away with a wideband o2 sensor??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

How much reading have you done on MAF sensor tuning and VE tuning to get the fuel situation squared away with a wideband o2 sensor??
    This dude is the expert I had in mind. ^^

Potential Tuner

I've read alot things from a lot of people and it got confusing. its running rich on both banks and MAF circuit (something) is what the scanner gave me. she runs fine but i know she can do better.driving411.hpl

Well before you start changing anything you'd want to figure out the MAF code and the knock sensor code too.

Make sure the MAF is clean and installed in the right direction. Verify fuel pressure is still normal too.

A camshaft swap itself shouldn't make the engine go rich, it tends to do the opposite and create lean area's because the cam flows more air than before.

What size is the camshaft? It's possible you will have to alter the misfire detection in the computer so it stops tossing a P0300 code too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Well before you start changing anything you'd want to figure out the MAF code and the knock sensor code too.

Make sure the MAF is clean and installed in the right direction. Verify fuel pressure is still normal too.

A camshaft swap itself shouldn't make the engine go rich, it tends to do the opposite and create lean area's because the cam flows more air than before.

What size is the camshaft? It's possible you will have to alter the misfire detection in the computer so it stops tossing a P0300 code too.
    camshaft is 205 int/217 exh .500/.500 lift with 112 lsa. i cleared the misfire when i replaced a stuck lifter. I'll put the stock airbox on in little bit to see what happens