Thread: Wont idle when disabled dynamic fuel

Tuner in Training

Wont idle when disabled dynamic fuel

Trying to MAF scale tune after my Fast 102/Holley 95mm TB install.

Car idles fine with dynamic fuel on and LTFT disabled. But when I turn off closed loop and dynamic fueling it will not idle.

Any inputs, thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Im no pro tuner here so..... but i would try raising the idle speed. See if that keep it running. You can always put it back once you get it dialed in some.

Can you post your tune and any logs?

List some of your parts used too, just so we know what is done.

And do you have a wideband in the logs?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Dont have any logs yet. It has an AEM 30-0300 wideband. 6.0 SBE with 232/234 112+4 cam, AI 226cc heads stock CC chambers. Fast 42lb injs, Holley 95mm TB, Fast 102, 255 fuel pump, and 1"7/8 Headers, Stock screened 85mm MAF.

Im want to correctly scale the MAF, then fail it and force open loop to go into SD mode and tune the VE table out. Once I do that ill turn the MAF back on and turn Closed loop back on and the car should run pretty good.

Thanks

STEVEN_BASE_CLOSEDLOOP.hpt
    Last edited by lsxjunkie; 04-12-2020 at 07:41 PM.

What is the fueling doing when you are turning off the fuel trims and closed loop?

Other than some jumbled up idle timing you have set I don't see why it wouldn't idle in open loop with the dynamic airflow high rpm disabled set to 200rpm so it's running off the MAF.

Maybe it needs more idle airflow or it's going lean/rich but I can't see that right now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Well the jumbled up timing around the idle is what i set it to so my brother has the lope that he wants. And the car seems to be lean at idle and needing more fuel.

Im going to try tweak the base running idle airflow table and see if that helps. LowBuck LS on youtube posted a good video on the RussK Idle airflow tuning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqMzfmoBF0

Tuner in Training
    Before I turned on LTFTs/closed loop and left dynamic fueling on it would idle in the high 15 low 16 AFRs. Or 1.05-1.1 Lambda.