Thread: 3 bar map stuck/ doesn't idle

Potential Tuner

3 bar map stuck/ doesn't idle

5.3 with a stage 2 sloppy cam, Chinese 92mm tb, deka 80s , gt45 and a 3 bar map. finally got the truck to "run" more like idle @1200 the other day.
    i have a couple issues:
    >idle is extremely lean/surges/1200rpm even though its commanded for 850
    >>cannot give it any throttle with out it wanting to knock (knock sensors retarding timing)
    >>>data log shows the map sensor stuck at 105kpa (i think this is the root of all the issues)
    >>>>this is a second hand base tune and i would like to know if all of the steps to run 3bar speed density tuning are done.(info is scattered on this matter)
    >>>>> LOG SHOWS NO COOLANT TEMPERATURE. i got it plugged in and it ran damn near the same.
    TIA trying to understand this tuning more and more every day.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by felskeet; 04-21-2020 at 06:58 PM.

What 3 bar MAP sensor? They make several, so you need to make sure that data is right. You will also want to remove the SAE 1 bar map channel, re-poll for supported parameters and add in the 3 bar MAP channel instead.

You can try removing and adding back in the coolant temp channel too, see if that helps. Otherwise you have a wiring issue or the sensor is faulty.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Bar-MAP-S...3ab0fcb9ac784c cheapy ebay one.
    i just ordered a efi source 3 bar today assuming that was the issue.
    btw ive ordered the same truck manifold style sensor