Thread: 2010 Silverado MAF tuning

Tuner

2010 Silverado MAF tuning

So, I've dropped a L96 into my 2010 Silverado. VVT is in the trash, but it has some GM 12603412 injectors and Summit 219/227 (SUM-8720) camshaft. Stock manifolds, airbox, etc. I'm pretty confident I have the injector tables correct, and yet no matter what I do, I keep running into fuel trims swinging wildly enough to cause it to throw my favorite Stabilitrak/ABS lights when the STFT exceeds (what I think to be like) 12-15%. I write back my corrections to the MAF table, flush trims, go do some more logging, and it still acts dumb, swings over +/- 12%, and throws those lights. I don't think those lights coming on impacts the trucks performance while I am tuning (perhaps I am wrong), but it IS annoying.

I'm left to a couple of thoughts:

1. I don't have my injector tables right.
    2. There is some delay that is offsetting my fuel trims with the MAF frequency, so they aren't lining up as they should so I'm not making my corrections in the right part of the table.
    3. I am running into something like EOIT.
    4. I should just do all this with a WBo2, and not trust the stock o2s. My concern is that I can never trust them, at that point.

Any thoughts? I have attached my latest tune file, and the resultant log from it. Thank you for taking the time to look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How old are the O2s? They do wear out over time.

Tuner
    That's a damn good point. I just picked up a set from Advance Auto. I didn't think they "looked" like they were oscillating slowly. Especially on the highway.

Tuner
    Replaced the o2 sensors, and since I was working on the truck anyways I removed B2S2 (post-cat) o2 sensor, and replaced it with a AEM X-Series wideband I had on the shelf in the garage. It's the CAN-BUS style, so it is throwing data straight into HP Tuners. Took me a while to get that working as expected. It'll also randomly stop responding at which point I end up shutting the truck down, and unplugging both ends of the HP Tuners box, and cold booting all of it. I'm using that to tune it in now, and if seems like the stock o2 sensors, despite being new, aren't terribly trustworthy. It will still sometimes throw those two messages, but it runs stronger than it has so I feel like I'm going in the right direction. See attached tune and log.
    Attached Files Attached Files