Thread: Does my spark advance need to adavanced?

Tuner in Training

Does my spark advance need to adavanced?

Hi fellas,

I just completed my cam swap on my 08 sierra with a 5.3. It has spectre cold intake and banks exhaust. I installed a summit 8718 cam for torque and just to wake the engine up a bit. I'm not going to the track or anything like that. just a DDdriver with an occasional boat behind it.Looking at my log... the st and lt trims appear to be right where they should be. I don't have my wideband yet ,so I calculated the difference between the stock cam and this one to a percentage and then I just added half of that to the maf and virtual Ve table. I think I'm rather close on the fuel. just a hair rich, but better than lean. Tonight going through the log , if I'm reading this right, is my advance spark way off or I'm just seeing the numbers being posted? I want to make sure if I need to add timing to the engine. I also bumped my idle +25. Nothing major , but the truck is not hunting. It's actually pretty smooth. I thought it would of had more loop, but it's pretty solid and doesn't stumble with or without the ac. Here is my log
    Appreciate any and all help.

I don't see anything abnormal with the timing. The stock timing curve works for the factory camshaft and just about any mild camshaft.

This isn't a small block 350 with a distributor that's for sure. Timing is being controlled based on many factors and will bounce around a lot while driving. Lots of different tables can add or remove spark based on temps, torque and commanded fueling. Once your wideband is up and working you will be able to dial the wide open throttle fueling in and then work on timing at full throttle. Most LS engine will do just fine around 24-27 degrees of timing on good fuel. Running 87 octane may require less timing to prevent knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.