Thread: Fuel Trims at 25% Bnk 1

Tuner in Training

Fuel Trims at 25% Bnk 1

Just put my 408 in my 2000 camaro SS. It is an A4 car with a 4k TC. Im running TFS 225 heads, and a ported vic. jr. intake on it.

I have 38lb. injectors and am set up on a SD Tune.

At first start, the car was running so rich it burned my eyes. Took a while to line it out, but we got it ideling perfect for about 10 minutes... even while it was in gear. Then it starting dumping 25% fuel on bank one and obviously started running like crap because of the fat condition. We reset the trims, but after a couple minutes, it does it again..

I cant find any vaccume leakes
    I have replaced plugs
    all coil packs are connected to the plugs correctly

im not sure what else the problem could be... 02's?
    vaccume leak im not finding?

what do you guys think?

thanks
    chris

I would replace the 02 sensor on that side..do you have a wideband on the car?

Vacuum leak would more likely effect both banks.

Could be an O2 gone faulty. I would just put another in, but if you wanted to run a test you could swap the front O2 from one side with the front 02 on the other side, and your rich bank should mode sides.
    If you log the O2's you will see its stuck at a voltage, if its stuck low, it thinks your are lean, therefroe adding fuel will it maxs out at 25%.

Try running in Open Loop Speed Density for starters.

If you have a lot of overlap in the cam the o2 sensors are pretty much useless. You will have to wideband tune it and leave it in open loop.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Try running in Open Loop Speed Density for starters.

If you have a lot of overlap in the cam the o2 sensors are pretty much useless. You will have to wideband tune it and leave it in open loop.
    Did that today, as well as changeing out the 02's. But still, once the car warms up, bank one leans all the way out to -15.6, causing it to dump fuel. I checked for vaccume leaks, none where found,. I checked for misfires, none where found. I checked for exhaust leaks, none where found.... im starting to think maybe i have either bad injectors or coil packs, so im going to switch the left and right side injectors, see if that does anything, then ill do the same with the packs if that doesnt work, just to rule them out... im really stumped..

Oh, and for the record, even with a plug wire disconnected, i couldnt detect any misfire on the scanner. I adjusted the missfire tables to accomidate the large cam, but even after putting it back to stock like settings, i couldnt detect any misfies... all cyclinders stayed at 0.

If you are getting fuel trim numbers, you are not in Open Loop. Set the ECT vs IAT temp table on the Open/Closed loop tab to max values (~284 F)

Then after program, fire up the scanner and reset the fuel trims before doing anything else.

Tuner in Training
    If you are getting fuel trim numbers, you are not in Open Loop. Set the ECT vs IAT temp table on the Open/Closed loop tab to max values (~284 F)

Then after program, fire up the scanner and reset the fuel trims before doing anything else.
    No, i mean that when we put it in open loop, it would eventually start dumping fuel and running rich after it got warm. I havent had a chance to mess with it again, cause im stuck over on the big island, but when i return to oahu, ill give it another try.. man what i would give for a good tunner to come to hawaii on vacation!!

You buy the ticket & put me up for a couple days and you got a deal!

EC

Tuner in Training

EC
    i bet!!

EC
    Same rules apply for a Texas trip??? Wanna come help tune my turbo monster?
    Gen3 Hemi Tuning
    FAST, Holley, AEM, DiabloSport, Mopar Performance
    Resto-mod EFI Conversions and Support

Oh... Forgot to include meals.
    I can eat! Especially Texas sized steaks!
    Forget the trimmings, just bring on the `ole 96'er

Quote Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
    man what i would give for a good tunner to come to hawaii on vacation!!
    I'd love to go tot he states, never been there before. Would this invite to come and tune your car, include a flight from the UK?