Thread: Question about uploaded tune - TC-1791

Potential Tuner

Question about uploaded tune - TC-1791

Hi Guys - I read a tune out of a TC-1791 running an engine identical to mine, hoping to have a good starting point for my application.

This engine was tuned with a different software (SCT X4 I think).

The tune read ok and I saved it, but when looking at it, there is nothing but gobbledegook in the tune file. None of the data makes sense, there are multiple errors (crashes) in the program when opening tabs, etc.

I figure there will be no way to utilize this tune, but I was wondering what happened? Is this a result of a different tuner's download, a difference in the ECU, or something else?

Back to the drawing board. If anyone is interested in being hired to provide a decent tune for an Aluminator 52XS, let me know. I may post separately with my current (running) tune, asking for help.

Here's the file if anyone wants to see the weirdness.

Thanks
    Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have tried to read tunes loaded and locked from an SCTx4 and I was not able to even produce a file. 99% of tunes sent by email and loaded with SCT have an offset programmed that makes it almost impossible to decipher. If you were able to read his file, you would have to license the file, then load it to your car, read it out, then relicense it.

Post up an ASFOUND tune file and a log and lets see if the HPT community can't help you with what you already have.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the information! I suspected it was an offset issue, with all the crazy values and half-filled tables. I will send along a current tune and some log files soon. I might also try your suggestion of downloading and re-loading. Might be worth the $$.

If the file has data that is questionable DO NOT load it to your car. There is always a chance something can go wrong and your computer get into a mode that is impossible to recover from.