Thread: Tune/Scanner Review

Tuner in Training

Tune/Scanner Review

Hi, I was hoping for feedback on the tune/scan. I had a quick WOT section, but WB was showing 0.90 lambda. Thought I heard pining so I backed out of it.

I've started to read through ED Mowton's training tutorial and am slowly understanding tuning more. Kinda like drinking from a firehose for me.

Idle and around town driving seem ok. WOT runs all show lean. Any input/thoughts on why it's running lean would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mods/parts list?

What is your fuel pressure set to and does it maintain fuel pressure?

The tune file in you post says 408, does that mean engine size? If so the computer still thinks it's a 5.3 based on the cylinder volume so all your air/fuel calculations are off.

Did you change more than just the injector flow rate for the LS3 injectors? Did you change the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts data??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry 5FDP, probably should have lead with that.

2005 Silverado

408 Stroker ~10.5:1 comp (Originally a 5.3/4L60 truck)
    CNC'd 243 Heads
    236/242 0.601/0.605 112+2 Comp Cam
    New Bosch OEM 42lb Injectors
    340lph Fuel Pump
    Shorty headers
    4L80E 2600 Circle D Stall

I did change the Min Inj Pulse, SPA and Offset vs Volts data per Ed's spreadsheet. Searched here as well to make sure I was on the right path.

I would change the cylinder volume to match the engine size and go back over the MAF and VE with your wideband again in open loop with zero fuel trims.

See if that gets things squared away with the commanded to actual fueling on your wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I would change the cylinder volume to match the engine size and go back over the MAF and VE with your wideband again in open loop with zero fuel trims.

See if that gets things squared away with the commanded to actual fueling on your wideband.
    Appreciate it! I'll switch it back and try my hand at OL tuning.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having a issue with my Scanner not displaying AFR Error. I haven't attempted to tune in OL yet since the data isn't accurate. It's reading as a 92.3% error. All signs point to it being operator error, but I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong with the AFR Error being tracked incorrectly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John
    Attached Files Attached Files