Thread: Knock at 2000 rpm please tell me its timing

Tuner in Training

Knock at 2000 rpm please tell me its timing

I have been fighting this tune, not really good at this, probably programmed my 5.3 about 300 times to get it close, Now I have a 6.0 with bigger cam heads and injectors and fighting it. Finally got the fuel injectors set close but have a slight knock at 2000 rpm can someone please look at my tune and let me know if it's from the tune or if my 6.0 is screwed. I do have an appointment for a tune from a reputable shop but if my engine is screwed I may combine some parts from the 6.0 into the 5.3 and have it tuned instead. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't see any knock in that log???

We can't hear what you are hearing because we aren't actually there, so that log doesn't help much at all.

The tune is incomplete but I see nothing in there that would cause it to make an audible knock noise. If there is no glitter in the oil then it's going to be valve train for than likely. Being that the engine is modded you can do a few more things. Like turn off the EGR if that is gone, disable COT because you already turned off the rear o2 sensors and cat codes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ya I am super worried second guessing my work on this engine. Like I said I hear an audible knock but there is nothing in the log file seeing any knock which is leading me to think I screwed up something and more than likely it's mechanical. Thanks for your time I really do appreciate it.