Thread: Laptop not reading LC1

Tuner in Training

Laptop not reading LC1

I have connected the LC1 to HPTuners Pro and done the calibration. I have the LED in line and it comes on correctly. My laptop does not have a serial port so I got an adaptor to plug it into a USB port. Plugging in, turning on, opening up LM Programmer all I get is a sign to "plug in the serial port and turn it on". Must be doing something wrong can anyone help.

Thanks,

Mike

All I can tell is when I had the problem your having I was told to use the terminater plug.........thats the info. I got and I finally gave up on mine.It never did work with or without the plug but good luck anyway..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmmoore
    I have connected the LC1 to HPTuners Pro and done the calibration. I have the LED in line and it comes on correctly. My laptop does not have a serial port so I got an adaptor to plug it into a USB port. Plugging in, turning on, opening up LM Programmer all I get is a sign to "plug in the serial port and turn it on". Must be doing something wrong can anyone help.

Thanks,

Mike
    I also had to use a serial to USB adapter. Are you trying to use the logworks program with the HP Tuners USB plugged in? I found that I could not have the HP Tuners USB plugged in at the same time as the logworks connection. Also I think it helped if I had the car running so that the LC-1 was reporting readings, then I opened the Logworks program first. I think this helped establish the port recognition for the serial to USB adapter. Then after the logworks opened and I could see the LC-1 readings on it, then I closed that and opened the LMprogramer. I'm not exactly sure what the real trick to it was but that's just how I got it to work. It's been awhile though since I've had my car out and played with the wideband on it. Just something you could try though. Good luck.

Nick

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for all the feedback. I did get it to work and as I suspected in my first post I was doing something wrong. Inside the fold for the instruction for use for the USB adaptor ( we don't need no stickin directions) was a CD for installing the software for the adaptor. Ran that and then figured out I could no longer plug the HPTuners connection into that USB port. Plugged the HPTuners connection into a different USB port and everything seems to be working great.

Mike