Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 Ecotec tuning

Tuner in Training
    Glad to see this up here. I know most of you guys so no need to introduce myself here. I would definitely be interested in this coverage for at least the 03-04 2.2 Ions. I've got an 04 Ion 2 QC that has already become a fun car that performs decently, but as it is there are things that I'd like to tweak that I currently can't, and this would help a ton. That, and I have a complete spare 2.2 Ecotec sitting in my parts closet waiting for forged parts and a turbo manifold with a decent sized snail and all, but I refuse to even start my build if I can't tune it.

So, as you can imagine, I am praying every day for this to come through LOL
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

Tuner in Training
    saturn LW200 owner wanting HPtuners for my car I am at max now without tuning and I'm sure I will be making a lot more power with tuning so..... WHAT THE HUH!!!!!
    Phil
    "Racing is life evrything else is just waiting"

Potential Tuner
    I will buy it when it comes out.

Tuner in Training
    As a shop owner i would need it and as i can add it as part of my Turbo and Supercharger kits that go out the door...

so i would not only need it for me but my customers!

Potential Tuner
    Am I missing something? The supported vehicle list shows Ecotec vehicles:

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Andrew

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, you are missing something. There are 5 engine computers that I know of that are installed in Ecotecs. These are supported:

P11 (j-bodys)
    P12 (Delta LSJ)
    E37 (2007+ L61)
    E67 (LE5)

This one isn't: The E16, which is used in 2003-2006 Ions and 2005-06 Cobalts with L61 engines, the MOST common combination in production during those years. Which is why we are all begging for it!

There is also the new E69 in the LNF engines, I don't know about that one yet.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the clarification.

Andrew

Potential Tuner
    I too am eagerly awaiting tuning support for my 2006 Cobalt LT. I am hoping to turbo it. Go HPTuners!

Tuner in Training
    I would like to see support for the 05-06 Cobalt LS engines as well, please let us know when you think we could see this!!

Tuner
    well by HPT's release methodology (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5707) they should be coming out w/ a new release here shortly. it's been 45 days since their last one. i guess we'll see if it'll be another 45-day wait or not!

here is the supported vehicle list for future reference
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner
    bizzump for viewability.

Tuner
    saw this in my thread this morning:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    2.2 support will not be in the next release. I don't want to be the bad guy here, and it sucks for me to say this as much as it is for you to hear it, but at the moment it's just not a priority for us, that's the just the way it is

The E16 is a freaky ECM that seems to be only used in these vehicles. There is still some hope, but the business case for the *HUGE* development effort required to support a new ECM must be backed by a solid prediction in sales, which at the moment the 2.2 doesn't have. "Build it and they will come" is something we just can't entertain right now...
    my response was
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Interesting - it'd be entertaining to know how many units/licenses you've sold for 07 models, 07 ecotecs in particular, and compare that to how many people have already expressed interest in the e16.... how did you formulate the "solid prediction in sales" for the 07 stuff?

at any rate guys, stay tuned here, redlineforums, saturnfans, and ecotecforums for updates on a setup i'll be working on for us then.
    so keep a watch out, guys.

Tuner
    AEM's FIC (link) (coming soon) looks like a viable solution - their forums are a bit sketchy on implementation.

Unichip (link) still looks like the best alternative atm. it doesn't show it on the page at the link that it's for saturn - but they have developed it for the e16 already.
    Last edited by bc3tech; 12-14-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Tuner
    UMI Racing (link) has a really good alternative as well. looks like a complete replacement for stock PCM that you can even order pre-tuned for 2 or 3 bar if you're boosted.

expensive, but no "credits" system to recharge with, just do it as much as you want. Probably ideal for somebody who'd be buying HPT for his/her own car and not using it in a shop to tune a bunch of cars.
    Last edited by bc3tech; 12-14-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    As a business owner, I would love to see HPTuners support this engine, as I know cobalts, HHRs, ION's are all getting very popular in the tuning world.

Cobalt and HHR is already supported.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ION's are too doug...but "ONLY" the 2.0 & 2.4 in each of those vehicles...not the 2.2
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    yeah - and the 2.2 has been by far the most produced.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin_Inc
    I'm sure HP knows theres a market
    no actually I'm pretty sure they don't which is why there are no plans for development

Quote Originally Posted by IonNinja
    no actually I'm pretty sure they don't which is why there are no plans for development
    there is a market for everything, this is about competing priorities. We would have said a flat "no" by now if we didn't think the discussion was even worth it. If we had nothing else of a higher priority to do at the moment, this would be getting done, that's the facts.
    I count sheep in hex...