Thread: how to switch to a 2bar

Advanced Tuner

how to switch to a 2bar

i am working on a second project, a 97 2.2 S10 w/ T3 @ 5psi remote mount turbo. right now the fuel controled with a Cartech adj, FMU

to tune boost i need to go 2bar correct, can i get a 2bar MAP sensor ? would it be the same part number as on my radix SS truck? i have the mvpi pro software do i need a differnent OS?

2bar OS is not available... You will have to fake a 2 bar tune.... Search the "how to" file by Shifted....

I would also get bigger injectors, an ADJ FPR and gauge, and get rid of the FMU...... Then start tuning from ther....... You should be ok w/o the 2bar if only 5 PSI......

P&P Tuning

i have the two bar and tried shifter plan. but i had no idle vacuum and when i touched the pedal it was dead. wtf
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

question. for a 2 bar or idle is a ve table vs map so do we have to redo these figures?
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

Advanced Tuner
    ok i went out and did some changes, some were my own some were with some help. it's a 98 2.2 w/ a garret t3. stock injectors and a cartech adj.FMU
    the stock tune is stock computer and turbo, the second is the current.
    i am not getting the AFR where it should be so i could use some help in that and i am getting alot of KR, i take timing out but still i am getting enough i can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye55
    ok i went out and did some changes, some were my own some were with some help. it's a 98 2.2 w/ a garret t3. stock injectors and a cartech adj.FMU
    the stock tune is stock computer and turbo, the second is the current.
    i am not getting the AFR where it should be so i could use some help in that and i am getting alot of KR, i take timing out but still i am getting enough i can feel it.
    Are those your mods, or someone elses that you got a file from???? If they are yours, get a real set of injectors, ditch the FMU(We are tuning, that thing is a bandaid thats gonna cause more problems than its worth) and also get a better fuel pump....

P&P Tuning