Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: PCM Tuning on Ecotec

Potential Tuner
    have 2006 cobalt ls 2.2l and have a 05 ss supercharger looking at me every morning., could i run a bigger pulley and 32lb injectors and bolt on my car just to get it running or would it be harmful to my engine(lean) till i could tune it

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy1280
    have 2006 cobalt ls 2.2l and have a 05 ss supercharger looking at me every morning., could i run a bigger pulley and 32lb injectors and bolt on my car just to get it running or would it be harmful to my engine(lean) till i could tune it
    yes without some sort of fuel management.

no if you go buy a DFMU unit and fuel pump to add more fuel, or get an SAFC2 hooked up. However from reading about the SAFC on the Ion 2.2L, it maxed out the stock injectors at 5psi (which I find hard to believe as I'm at 12psi on the stockers but that's what i've read) so if you've got 32#rs the SAFC probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Potential Tuner
    thanks whats the best place to pick one up online

Tuner
    SAFC2 or Aeromotive DFMU?

if you search froogle for 'em you can come up w/ a ton of places. The PN for the aeromotive unit u want is 17113.

Potential Tuner
    thanks alot , how bad is the install

Tuner
    DFMU is cake - the SAFC's the bitch, trying to match up all the wires. But if you can get that done (correctly) it does a decent job (or so i've read/heard).

the DFMU is a bit more "crude" of a tuning system. definitely not as "fine" as a computer doing it (like SAFC or HPT), but it's working for me at 12psi which is almost hitting the thing's limit of 15psi.

Tuner in Training

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    DFMU is cake - the SAFC's the bitch, trying to match up all the wires. But if you can get that done (correctly) it does a decent job (or so i've read/heard).

the DFMU is a bit more "crude" of a tuning system. definitely not as "fine" as a computer doing it (like SAFC or HPT), but it's working for me at 12psi which is almost hitting the thing's limit of 15psi.
    Dfmu is simple and quick down fall is pulling that timing...

Potential Tuner

Help would be appreciated

I am very new but my first car will be my project car. I have an '05 Pontiac Sunfire and I am looking to replace my 2.2 Ecotech Auto with a 2.4 Z24 Auto which I will turbocharge and other mods. If you guys had any suggestions, price quotes, or just plain common knowledge it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Green Jew
    I am very new but my first car will be my project car. I have an '05 Pontiac Sunfire and I am looking to replace my 2.2 Ecotech Auto with a 2.4 Z24 Auto which I will turbocharge and other mods. If you guys had any suggestions, price quotes, or just plain common knowledge it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
    think you're in the wrong area bud - may want to try ecotecforums.com