Thread: C6 Corvette LS2 with Eforce negative LTFT and bad fuel mileage

Potential Tuner

C6 Corvette LS2 with Eforce negative LTFT and bad fuel mileage

I've installed a Edelbrock S/C on my LS2 and am using the supplied canned tune and my LTFT are -10 @ idle and cruising. I notice when their is a demand for fuel trim seem okay. My fuel mileage is around 320KM per tank (not on the blower at all) I use to get mid 400s. I'm curios to know if I can make changes to the idle and cruise sections of the Edelbrock canned tune. Not that is matters much but the DIC is way out it shows 13.7L/100KM
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Posting your Edelbrock tune would help us understand your problems... As a guess, I'd expect the Edelbrock tune reduced your ignition timing advance. And your intake tract is now probably much different so re-calibrating the MAF may be needed.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for my ignorance but are you asking for the actual file Edelbrock sent me or a data log ?

Senior Tuner
    He's asking for the actual file that Edelbrock sent you. It would be helpful to see a datalog as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I understand you may be reluctant to post Edelbrock's tune. If that's the case, you could compare it with your original tune to see what they changed and by how much and post that information.

Potential Tuner
    datalog1 idle.csv I can only upload this idle log for now, system will not allow me to upload Edelbrock cef. file. I have a log of 3,third gear pulls but file is to big to upload. I'm at work now I will do it later today.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, I forgot that Edelbrock supplies their tunes for a handheld tuner box. You'd have to read entire the Edelbrock modified tune from your ECU and compare that with the original tune in HP Tuners file format, .hpt. Did you save your original tune?

Potential Tuner
    Can I do the reading and programming using a MPVI2?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. What pannetron said.

I'm guessing that you may not have the stock cal in .hpt format? Did they give you injectors with the kit?

Potential Tuner
    Yes I have the stock file but it's in a cef. file as well, I believe Pannetron is asking me to pull the stock and Edelbrock file using hp tuner so it will be in a .hpt format. This is why I'm asking if the MPVI2 will be the right tuner to get me started? Yes they supplied 52LB injectors in the kit.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Braketech; 09-01-2021 at 06:59 AM.