Thread: 02 Z06 SDStarter help

Tuner in Training

02 Z06 SDStarter help

I own a 2002 Z06. I did the SDstarter tune I have a WB now when I put this tune in and drive around all my afr read 12.5 to 13 i set my pe table to 1.12 across the bord which should be 13.0 afr maf disabled compleatly and I pulled the pink black and yellow wires out of the clip so I can reinstall. Now the problem when I am driving around I cant get the higher map values because if I go WOT my DIC says reduse engine power and cuts the power so if I am doing a ve tune and planing to reinstall the maf the easier driving isnt going to really help due to the fact the maf will be used there, now the second problem my vcm scanner doing the maf afr error isnt supported all i have is a vararam intake and im trying to learn how to tune, with the maf error do I need the WB hooked up I had it hooked up when I tried to get the tables 2nd my lm1 says 17.1 afr but on the chart it says around 11.5 but sometimes the numbers match is there a chance the lm1 can be giving the vcm a more updated afr then it showes on the lcd after a couple of min of driving it seems fine.

P1514 table is too low it's in Engine Diagnostics you don't need to remove wires from your MAF just set the MAF fail frequency to 0 set DTC P0103 to MIL on first error to get the correct PE value take stoch and devide by 13 1.12 is a little leaner than stoch or set stoch value to 14.681 make sure open loop afr is not richer than PE you need a wideband installed for AFR error to work check the EIO sectiona bout your LM1 lots of info there keep reading the stickies and look over other peoples logs go to the tune repository and get a file like yours to compare don't use those values necessarily just use it for comparison purposes hth
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what is this the battle of the run on sentances?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I had a WB hooked up fine. On the VCM scanner I was doing the AFR error check but I could only get the low Kpa because everytime I floored it it said Reduse engine Power. Since I am learning I figured I would do just Low Kpa and up to 4500 rpm and see how it goes. Now after about 10 runes with 50 hits per cell I kept adjusting the VE table I started off with 12-15 error; Then I adjusted and got about 8-11 error. I ran it about 4-5 more times and I kept adjusing the VE tables and it stayed at 8-11 error. I didn't use the rtt I was going to but I wasnt sure. my main problem is I want to use the MAF so when I reactivate it the lower VE table really isn't going to help, and I can't get the MAF - AFR error because that table is unsupported with my car (2002 Corvette Z06). and I followed the online SD tuning guide on the VCM online help page perfectly. I set my PE tables to 1.130 because when I got WOT I want to run a 13.0 AFR. But I need to make it stop saying reduse engine power when I get on it so I can set up my VE tables all the way, and I need to figure out how I am going to set up my MAF freq vs airlow table when I hook up my MAF again

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its unsupported because your not logging the correct PID's you need to log maf in hz since thats how the maf table is structured.

as stated from the help files

Dialing in the MAF
    1. To re-enable the MAF simply plug it back in (if you previously unplugged it) and set your MAF Fail requency back to its original value and write it to the vehicle.
    2. Load the MAF - AFR Error.hst histogram.
    3. Make sure you log MAF in Hz in the table and go for a drive.
    4. Hit as many of the higher frequency cells as possible as many times as possible
    5. Copy & paste special-multiply % to your MAF airflow vs. frequency table & smooth
    6. Save & load new calibration
    7. Repeat if necessary
    8. Again the cells in the histogram should get closer & closer to 0% indicating 0% difference between actual AFR and commanded AFR.

Tuner in Training
    ok here is my seetings

1. PID - air fuel ratio error
    2. Cell hits 50
    3. x- header - maf vs output freq
    4. x-header units is HZ
    5. y-header is blank

Tuner in Training
    In plot value it is %

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ok, are you LOGGING maf in hz like I said?

Tuner in Training
    listen im sorry i am very new at this the x header is in hz the plot value is in % but thats the only choice this is my set up. the afr maf is # 8

Attachment 3055

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...lays_table.htm

like i said you need to log it, this portion of the help file explains it

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5691

these quick start guides also will help alot

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    what is this the battle of the run on sentances?
    Good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read this...

Seriously, this software needs to go user friendly.

I understand completely where this guy is coming from, and frankly it is needless.

I look forward to LS1 software that helps me tune my car.

HeadstrongMS: Hang in there bro!
    1999 C5 FRC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Seriously, this software needs to go user friendly.
    Thank god I wasnt drinking soda when I read this

It can't get more user friendly I don't think...it comes down to you still have to read the manual to some extent if you don't have someone physically there to hold your hand.

And not even reading the manual in most cases when soundengineer & myself have made up a bunch of flash demo's that will guide you step by step through many things like adding PID's into the scanner
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/a...ove%20pids.swf

How to standalone datalog
    http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...onelogging.swf

How to make histograms
    http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...ustomHisto.swf

Without him or I coming to your house & sitting down & doing it for you this is the next best thing & we'll keep making them to make it easier, but we could scream until we're blue in the face that "its all right there" and it won't matter...it's still up to the end user to actually use these help tools we give them. We just make em' we can't force you to use or watch them.

Tuner in Training
    can someone just tell me if the plot value units are supposed to bi in hz? or Just the x header units? or both? I have read the quick start guide. I can get everything else working in the VCM scanner. When I load the pre set up MAF - AFR Error histogram it says its not supported. All I am asking is what from the original histogram I have to change to get it to work with my 2002
    Z06? Thats it if someone loads the OEM file up and tell me that would be a big help. It is close to X-mas I really have not been able to play with my car, but if I am explaining myself wrong then thanks for everyones help I will figure it out. This is the first time I have ever tried to tune like this I can tune an Apexi AFC (MAP Clamp) no prob on the imports. I am 23 I have built ton of really fast cars but I have never tuned them I used to send them out. I want to learn this I signed up for EFI 101 on jan 27, 28 for some knowlage but I am a hands on person and with help I can figure 99% of things myself.

HeadstrongMS,

Use this config file, it has histograms for VE and MAF tuning.

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    or here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9329 in the config sticky where I've uploaded some that I use most often

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadstrongMS
    All I am asking is what from the original histogram I have to change to get it to work with my 2002
    Z06?
    NOTHING, thats the point, the histo is fine, you just need to log MAF in hz.

Tuner in Training
    ok I think I got it I need to add it in the table part for it to work in the histograms if I am not correcting. I watched the demos you have which are great!!!!!! I didn't relize 1 had to do with the other I thought they were just diffrent ways of seeing the data. one question, I just have an intake can I use the MAF - AFR error to tune my car? The air vs freq table. or do I need to do the SD tune first? and do I need to connect my WB back up for this tune or can I just use the Fuel trims? Thank you for your help............

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I just have an intake can I use the MAF - AFR error to tune my car? The air vs freq table. or do I need to do the SD tune first? and do I need to connect my WB back up for this tune or can I just use the Fuel trims?
    I don't like telling people how they can tune their car, but yes you can us just the maf afr error in many cases & still get a kickass tune in a bolt on na application...personally though, ve tuning then maf is the way to go, but thats me.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you again for all your help and sharing your knowlage.