Thread: Intake Cam Position

Tuner in Training

Intake Cam Position

Having some difficulty finding information regarding the Intake Cam Timing tables. When comparing my tune to a factory tune for the same year and engine, I'm seeing a large discrepancy between my tables and the compare file. All three tables, Low Baro, Med. Baro and High Baro have a big difference between 1000 rpm and 3400 rpm. I'm having trouble getting a screenshot but the difference between my tune and the stock file from the repository is anywhere from -3 to -16 depending on cell.

The truck runs fine on its current tune. I'm just trying to get more information because I'm in the process of going back to pump gas from E85 and am unsure if these tables need to be tweaked at all.

Anybody have any insight regarding Intake Cam Position tables ECM 33100, 33102 and 33103?

Thanks, Everybody!

2010 Silverado 6.2
    BW S475
    850cc injectors
    GM LS9 Map Sensor
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FetzerValve; 10-26-2021 at 10:03 PM.

I uploaded my stock tune from my 2011 Sierra Denali 6.2L for you to compare. 2011 Denali STOCK.hpt

I wouldn't mess with them going from one fuel to another. I run a DSX FF kit on mine, and the truck doesn't care if it's E85, clear, or any combo of the 2. IIRC, the large variable cam timing numbers are for EGR but can be adjusted for more torque across the RPM band. You need to watch for KR in the same areas you add more variable cam timing in.
    Hawk