Thread: 2017 Camaro SS HP Tuners HELP!!!!

Tuner in Training

2017 Camaro SS HP Tuners HELP!!!!

Recently had all my codes cleared to I could pass emissions without the cats. The tuner can't remember which codes he cleared so now the exhaust is sputtering when I start the car. The car while run for like 5 minutes then slowly die out and shit off! I have no 02 sensors or cats. HELP ��
    Last edited by 1ssCameron; 02-17-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ssCameron View Post
    Recently had all my codes cleared to I could pass emissions without the cats. The tuner can't remember which codes he cleared so now the exhaust is sputtering when I start the car. The car while run for like 5 minutes then slowly die out and shit off! I have no 02 sensors or cats. HELP ��
    So reload the last version of the tune… or use the “File Compare” feature vs your last tune to see which codes were shut off.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Tuner in Training
    He cant remember what he savedthe last tune under otherwise yeah i wouldve just flashed that one back on. The car dies out as like its not getting enough gas but i know its something to do with the cats & 02 sensors

Well it has to have atleast two o2 sensors, which were before the cats but the rear sensors were likely removed with the cats.

Probably would help you to post your tune here along with the mods done.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well it has to have atleast two o2 sensors, which were before the cats but the rear sensors were likely removed with the cats.

You would think it would have the upstreams, but I've seen just about everything you can imagine...Including a 2019 Hennessy Edition Yukon Denali with the Oxygen sensors ziptied to the framerail. I made it work, but told him that he better bring it back as soon as he had the bungs welded into the exhaust.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

https://ibb.co/r3VJFVN

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You would think it would have the upstreams, but I've seen just about everything you can imagine...Including a 2019 Hennessy Edition Yukon Denali with the Oxygen sensors ziptied to the framerail. I made it work, but told him that he better bring it back as soon as he had the bungs welded into the exhaust.
    yeah the car was running perfectly fine before he cleared the codes. ive never had sensors or cats. Like i said im just not sure what the 02 sensor codes should be set to.
    "SES Enable, No reported Error, Mil First Error, MIL Second Error Or No MIL Light

Senior Tuner
    Based on that pic, it appears that you have upstream oxygen sensors. Bank1 is reading fully lean. Bank 2 is reading fully rich. If that's the case, that would explain why it's running so poorly.

If you don't have downstream oxygen sensors, you need to have their associated DTC's set to No Error Reported.

Sounds like 02 sensors for criss crossed

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Based on that pic, it appears that you have upstream oxygen sensors. Bank1 is reading fully lean. Bank 2 is reading fully rich. If that's the case, that would explain why it's running so poorly.

If you don't have downstream oxygen sensors, you need to have their associated DTC's set to No Error Reported.
    So set the downstream codes to no error and that should fix it?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I know it?s something to do with the 02 codes. Which codes would you suggest I change?

Go into vcm controls and disable closed loop and see if it’s any better

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=Ben Charles;677723]Go into vcm controls and disable closed loop and see if it?s any better[/QUOTE/]

it?s currently set to delay

That’s not possible through the VCm controls… this has nothing to do with the tune… this is the scanner, it’s a way to bypass the 02 function to see if it’s your problem and drives fine..

If the 02 sensors are going backwards from one another you have the 02 sensors swapped… easy way to tell is kill function in real time with the scanner and see if the problem persists

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    When I turn off Command closed loop it runs way better but the only way for me to leave that feature off is if I have the laptop hooked up while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ssCameron View Post
    When I turn off Command closed loop it runs way better but the only way for me to leave that feature off is if I have the laptop hooked up while driving.
    Get under the car and unplug the 02 sensors and swap banks and you’ll be able to drive your car…

14 Gen 5 Viper

I've seen o2 fail and cause this situation. Swap the o2 left and right and see if the o2 data reverses. If so, just replace them. Usually the one that failed will report around 0-10mv...I haven't looked if posted any logs, but one most likely is. If you do one, the other one usually follows soon after. Just my experience.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Get under the car and unplug the 02 sensors and swap banks and you?ll be able to drive your car?
    Ok I?ll try this tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully that works. Yeah this is a headache 😂