Thread: 2mph fuel cut hp tuners c5

Tuner in Training

2mph fuel cut hp tuners c5

Does anyone know where in hp tuners the "2mph" fuel cut is so it can be raised to 250mph. I had vats turned off as my tuner said he didnt know where the fuel cut mph was asked if i knew. It does need a key chip to start i tried starting without the correct key chip wouldnt crank and read "theft deterrent key chip" code in the instrument cluster so obviously some type of vats is still turned on as it needs the correct key chip. Anyway c5 are know for pull key wait 10 seconds or "steering column locked" and doing a 2mph fuel cut. Somewhere in hp tuners theres a way to access the "2mph"and change it to "250mph" i just dont know where. The dyno tuner showed me where he raised the rev limiter" Its just a computer blank rectangle and changed to "250"mph. But yes what im looking for is the vats or where the 2mph fuel cut section is located to raise to 250 mph as well so it wont do that fuel cut i already have lcm5 module.

Senior Tuner
    A tuner that has to ask the customer where something is in the software should be raising red flags. And turning off VATS in the PCM on that vehicle will not fix a no crank condition. All you are doing is disabling the fuel cut part of VATS. BCM has to see the key resistor to enable the starter.

Senior Tuner
    Click on the Speedo tab, then click on the Limit by fuel speed limiter.

Tuner in Training
    A friend on the corvette forum showed me ill try to contact the tuner and yes i agree if a hp tuners ls tuner didnt know where that was something maybe wrong does alot of ls trucks and swaps. Supposedly the tuner told me he'd turn off vats which would disable it and showed me the speed limiter section similar to below raised to 250 but asked if i knew where the fuel cut part was as he was tuning. Just 3 days ago i ran into the problem in the driveway didnt display any pull key wait 10 second messages but did 2mph fuel cut 3 times i cut car off 5 minutes later came back and it drove ok. Im going to try to get in contact with tuner to fix this issue. He said any gear changes, little things like that would be free tune adjustment so hopefully he can do this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JustinRaney; 03-17-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Turn off column lock.